Asus onboard sound problems

I have a 5.1 surround sound speaker set from a previous computer. My new comp has an ASUS motherboard and onboard sound card. There are no good instructions on audio set up and no matter what I try, I can't get it to see more than two speakers. I don't know what else to tell you. It's probably something a savvy computer guy would find easy. That guy ain't me!

I have an Audigy sound card I'm considering installing in the new computer, if I can't get the onboard to work.

Thanks for any help.

John Graham
4 answers Last reply
More about asus onboard sound problems
  1. If you click on the speaker icon on the task bar lower right then click on device you should have some options there and a few tabs to select , one of the options should be a speaker setup either two speakers in stereo or 5.1 or headphones.
  2. Thanks for the prompt reply, Inzone. I did what you suggested before I posted, but was unable to get more than two speakers at a time to play. The speaker system is by Logitech and worked great with my old Dell. I'm probably missing something obvious and am too stupid to know it.
  3. Did you try the control panel and under hardware and sound select manage audio devices.
  4. Yes, I found the device in Device Manager, but was unable to get more than two speakers to play, regardless of what I did.

So, I went ahead and installed the Audigy card and software, but have issues with it. My comp has three open PCI slots. I installed it one, the computer saw it, but Creative Diagnostics and mixer didn't, so no config possible. I put the card in another PCI slot, but the computer doesn't see it now. Will try the third slot tonight, but am getting frustrated and may call for onsite help.

Thanks for your time.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Speakers Computer Sound Cards Motherboards