Sign in with
Your question

Cannot diagnose problem

Last response: in CPUs
April 20, 2011 12:42:08 AM

Hello

New to the Forum, not sure if I am posting in the right thread, but here it goes.

Got a new Asus MB for an older PC I have, got a brand new AMD Athalon 64 2.2 chip, new AGP graphics card. It uses 1gb DDR 400 dual ch RAM.

Hook everything up, turn on the power...nothing....no beeps, nothing. Fans work, optical drives are getting power, green light on MB.

Sent the chip back, thinking it was that, place where I got it tested it and they said it works. Put in the old graphics card, same result.

I am totally stumped. The chip is only a little more powerful than what I had before, and the PSU seemed sufficient for it because everything worked, my old MB is what died.

Please help.

More about : diagnose problem

a b à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
April 20, 2011 12:48:52 AM

ckjedi66 said:
Hello

New to the Forum, not sure if I am posting in the right thread, but here it goes.

Got a new Asus MB for an older PC I have, got a brand new AMD Athalon 64 2.2 chip, new AGP graphics card. It uses 1gb DDR 400 dual ch RAM.

Hook everything up, turn on the power...nothing....no beeps, nothing. Fans work, optical drives are getting power, green light on MB.

Sent the chip back, thinking it was that, place where I got it tested it and they said it works. Put in the old graphics card, same result.

I am totally stumped. The chip is only a little more powerful than what I had before, and the PSU seemed sufficient for it because everything worked, my old MB is what died.

Please help.

Here is a checklist created by shortstuff_mt that may solve your issue.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...

Hope this helps and welcome to the forums.
m
l
April 20, 2011 12:16:11 PM

warmon6 said:
Here is a checklist created by shortstuff_mt that may solve your issue.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...

Hope this helps and welcome to the forums.
Thanks very much for the welcome and the response, that is a very comprehensive list and I will go over it step by step. I hope a solution is in there somewhere!
m
l
!