shuck

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
I have been trying for two days to unlock my other two cores on my X2 BE. I followed the guides I read about switching to hybrid and such. I ran CPU-Z and it said I had a X4 but at the bottom it showed I only had two cores going. So next I tried msconfig, boot, advanced and I could only select one or two cores. I read that maybe you need to up the voltage and I tried that in AMD overdrive but every time I changed the voltages and restarted the cpu voltage and nb voltage went back to what the default was like I never changed them. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

I have the 550 black edition on a gigabyte ma770t-ud3p board with bios flashed to f2c.

shuck

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Yeah I am starting to suspect that, I heard like 80% could be unlocked that is why I posted this maybe someone else had a trick or something that got the other two to work for them.

shuck

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011

Yeah CPU-Z shows it as a b50 but at the bottom only shows two cores. I was going to try the voltage trick but not sure how to go about that in my BIOS.

shuck

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011

You might want to look again then because my motherboard sure does support unlocking of cores, it has ACC on it and has been used by countless others to unlock the cores.