Sign in with
Your question

Bios Update, Keyboard no longer works.

Last response: in Systems
January 23, 2011 6:36:31 AM

Hello,

I recently updated flashed my bios for gigabyte model motherboard GA-MA770T-UD3P. The utility said the flash was successful, etc. I restarted the computer and successfully booted into Windows. But, mouse and keyboard did not work.

So I tried using a PS/2 adapter for my usb keyboard, but that was not detected either.

The keyboard does not work when booting, and I cannot use it to get into the bios. I tried resetting the CMOS, but I cannot change the bios settings to default, because my keyboard does not work to choose that option.

Any ideas?

I was thinking that perhaps I should try to get an actual PS/2 keyboard, although not sure if that'd do anything. I'm unsure if my cd-rom drive still works, but I might be able to flash it again using the cd rom drive.
a b B Homebuilt system
January 23, 2011 1:29:46 PM

Weird! that board has a dual bios which kinda makes it dummy proof if you screw up.
Which mobo revision and OS do you have?
m
l
a c 103 B Homebuilt system
January 23, 2011 3:07:09 PM

I have a Gigabyte GA MA770DS3 AM2+ board, when first installing it the BIOS did not recognize a USB keyboard by default so I had to dig out an old PS2 one I had lying around, then enter BIOS and activate USB. I was a little stumped for a while!
m
l
Related resources
January 23, 2011 4:14:00 PM

I have the 1.0 revision, updating to the F10 version. Windows 7, 64 bit.
m
l
January 23, 2011 11:31:44 PM

Try unplugging/replugging your keyboard into the USB port while comp. is on. Also, use the rear mobo ports, in case you're using front ports.
m
l
February 3, 2011 12:52:36 AM

Well, I got it to work by plugging in a PS/2 keyboard. It's odd that the adapter didn't work. I was able to get into the BIOS and reset to defaults. Now everything works. Letting everyone else know just in case people have a similar problem.
m
l
October 30, 2011 5:45:43 AM

I have your problem with my Gigabyte EP45-UD3L but can press Delete to inter Setup.
Enable (USB keyboard function) and (USB mouse function) in the (integrated peripherals) in setup to can use usb keyboard.

I update BIOS to install windows with usb.
m
l
!