What do you think about CoD: Black Ops?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Call of Duty
  • Games
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays

Same as the title: What do you think about CoD: Black Ops?

Total: 36 votes (6 blank votes)

• Reaaaaaally good
  • 13 %
  • Generally good
  • 32 %
  • Fair enough
  • 19 %
  • A little bad
  • 7 %
  • Bad enough
  • 16 %
  • Really BAD
  • 10 %
  • I would rather play Medal of Honor
  • 7 %
a c 189 U Graphics card
November 24, 2010 8:07:06 AM

Hello guys, i just play this game recently and I noticed that this game is S*CK!!
No matter what setting, from lowest to highest, the lags are everywhere, anywhere and anytime. I'm very disappointed here. The CoD series before are nice, I can play with high setting without problem and just a very little lag, but this game is disaster because i'm fan of this game, waiting for so long and expected much... But again, oh well, what about you guys?
Share your experience about this game...

More about : cod black ops

a c 169 U Graphics card
November 24, 2010 11:32:39 AM

I used some tweaks(such as changing the max FPS and CPU core count) and it runs better than the first time i played it but i still have FPS drops.(sometimes it suddenly comes down from 100 to 30 or so)
a c 189 U Graphics card
November 24, 2010 11:05:49 PM

anyone?
Related resources
November 25, 2010 12:38:08 AM

I liked the story and love the fact that dedicated servers are back. However, I can't stand the amount of lag that's going on. Treyarch has released two patches that have done next to nothing. Need to get this fixed.
a c 665 U Graphics card
November 25, 2010 1:39:44 AM

I have heard a lot about technical problems getting it to run smoothly. I am curious to see what people think as I am trying to decide between getting COD: Black Ops and Battlefield Bad Company 2.
a b U Graphics card
November 25, 2010 3:08:25 AM

Runs pretty well for me, but then again I def. have much higher than the requirements. Every now and then it will lag, but I think it is more server related than anything.

Hey Maziar, haven't seen you in a while! Can you tell me how to change the fps limit ? And the CPU count (I've got a core i7 so would I do 4 or 8 ?) It's probably a config file right ? Thanks!
a b U Graphics card
November 25, 2010 3:55:22 AM

I like it. It plays nice, and the story, while extremely cliche, had some really awesome gameplay moments in it. The MP is the most balanced I've seen in a long time, and it plays fine on my rig. However, its very frustrating for me since I don't have the inhuman reflexes and accuracy everyone else seems to have. :( 

Can I make an observation? 2 of the three of you only have 2GB of RAM. That might have something to do with it, since mine plays fine. My friend with an MSI gaming laptop with 4GB of RAM and a 5850M is having no problems running it too.
a c 214 U Graphics card
November 25, 2010 4:10:09 AM

I voting it really bad only because of these issues thats been going on lately.
Was laggy at first,which i could handle.
Now after since the last patch my game just freezes up in random gameplay,then when i go to task manager then go back to the game withought closing it, works again.
Wierd

I'm sure the creators of the game are full aware of the problems and i'm sure their will be a patch to fix all of this soon!!!!
And i think the lag issues has something to do with it being made for a platform and pc,i;m thinking it's more platform deditcated than pc.These same lag isssues happend to me on GTAIV.
a c 214 U Graphics card
November 25, 2010 4:12:43 AM

17seconds said:
I have heard a lot about technical problems getting it to run smoothly. I am curious to see what people think as I am trying to decide between getting COD: Black Ops and Battlefield Bad Company 2.

I would go with Battlefield Bad Company 2 if i was you.Way more variety of things you can do and the sencerio of a full battlefield is priceless.And with your specs you could run that in DX11 and everything looks nice,compared to COD:Black Ops where their is only DX10.
a c 189 U Graphics card
November 25, 2010 4:23:19 AM

AMW1011 said:
Can I make an observation? 2 of the three of you only have 2GB of RAM. That might have something to do with it, since mine plays fine. My friend with an MSI gaming laptop with 4GB of RAM and a 5850M is having no problems running it too.

^
So do you think this is a memory issue? I only have 2Gb of RAM, do you really think 4GB of RAM will make different?
a c 214 U Graphics card
November 25, 2010 4:27:11 AM

I heard somewhere that it's a glitch in the way they made it,something about catched memory being loss,something having to do with the game not utlizing all your memory because of bad code...
a b U Graphics card
November 25, 2010 4:35:56 AM

^ Well I got it for the PS3 (Yes, I like to play cod games on consoles =P Mainly because I'm better at them on the consoles). But I heard the PC's had some problems if they were under 3 gigs of ram or if their processor was a dual-core from a while back.

ANYWAY, my opinion on the game is the story was good, real trippy with the flash backs though. XD Multiplayer, gawd. It's worse than the BC:BF2 (PC) multiplayer fail I faced. Man... so much Lag. And there is so much glitches, I just got to say. Oh, it does have a good thing though. It's balanced compared to MW2, QS was kind of overated. The only people who are complaining are the people who didn't play the prior COD games.
November 25, 2010 6:45:15 AM

purple stank said:
I would go with Battlefield Bad Company 2 if i was you.Way more variety of things you can do and the sencerio of a full battlefield is priceless.And with your specs you could run that in DX11 and everything looks nice,compared to COD:Black Ops where their is only DX10.

Black Ops is DX9, and by the way it rocks. Especially when it goes to slow motion.
a b U Graphics card
November 25, 2010 7:37:00 AM

IMO, there is no reason not to make new games in DX11, or even DX10 for that matter. I feel that any new game that is not at least DX10 is probably just a straight port from Xbox. I remember reading somewhere that DICE converted the frostbyte engine from DX10 to DX11 in a few hours or some rediculously short time like that.

We need more Crytek's and THQ's (Metro 2033 etc.)
November 25, 2010 7:47:21 AM

On my rigs it runs well.
November 25, 2010 8:51:57 AM

Well when it first came out i was having lots of problems running it smooth but since the latest patch i been running 90-91FPS 100% of the time.
a c 169 U Graphics card
November 25, 2010 12:12:03 PM

Annisman said:
Runs pretty well for me, but then again I def. have much higher than the requirements. Every now and then it will lag, but I think it is more server related than anything.

Hey Maziar, haven't seen you in a while! Can you tell me how to change the fps limit ? And the CPU count (I've got a core i7 so would I do 4 or 8 ?) It's probably a config file right ? Thanks!

Hey man :)  I guess you were too busy with your give-away deals :D 
Anyway, to change the settings, navigate to your BO folder>Players.And open "config"(with wordpad).And do this changes:
seta com_maxfps "You can set the number as much as you like,by default I think its 90"
seta r_multiGpu "If you are using one VGA,set it to 0;otherwise,set it to 1"
seta r_multithreaded_device "Set this to 1 if you are using a multiple core CPU"

a b U Graphics card
November 25, 2010 9:44:57 PM

Thanks Maz.
a c 169 U Graphics card
November 26, 2010 6:15:32 AM

No prob :)  does it run better now ?
a c 189 U Graphics card
November 26, 2010 8:45:41 AM

Maziar said:
No prob :)  does it run better now ?

well, it helps me a little, the game is much smoother than before, but still, the lags are often appears...
BTW, thank for the script, Maz. :) 
a c 169 U Graphics card
November 26, 2010 1:30:51 PM

No prob, and the lags are still noticeable but its much better than the original settings.
a b U Graphics card
November 26, 2010 5:21:17 PM

Well I stand corrected. I've realized that the game likes to lag for me in close firefights, causing me to lose many. Not that, that is my main problem, I just suck. :lol: 
!