Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cases
  • Intel i7
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
April 20, 2011 5:01:40 AM

Hey, I am looking for a mid tower case, that has enough room to hold Dual evga gtx 560ti's, and a cooler master v8 cpu cooler. I am a bit on a budget, at most I would pay 150 dollars.

Ill be running:
sabertooth x58 with lga1366 core i7 960
850w psu
6gb of i7 dominator ram
2x western digital 500 gb hdd

Any recommendations would be fantastic.

Thank you.

More about : mid tower case

a b ) Power supply
April 20, 2011 6:15:51 AM

Antec DF-series is a good bet. The DF-30 will hold your components with ease, so I'd recommend it with a smile. I have one myself, and I can hold true to that. It's not too big externally, but it has a surprisingly large space inside. The HDD bays are accessible from the front, so installing/removing HDD's is a breeze, specially with huge GFX card setups (like a dual-GTX560 setup).

Really good case, good cooling and very nice looks. If you don't appeal to the blue/black theme, look at the DF-35. It's the same case, but with a black finish and white LED's instead of blue ones in the fans.
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
April 20, 2011 6:24:25 AM

Emperus - correct me if I'm wrong (really, do), but isn't the 1200 a full tower case? Awesome as it is (I know, I wanted to buy one but was short on cash), it's a bit big... :) 
m
l
a c 91 ) Power supply
April 20, 2011 6:30:40 AM

You are correct Toxxyc.. The Antec 1200 is surely a full tower case.. And that's the reason i've mentioned it separately and not grouped it with the other mid towers that I have suggested.. Its a good case for an awesome price and since it fits inside OP's budget, I was compelled on mentioning it (in spite of OP clearly mentioning that he is looking for a mid tower)..
m
l
a b ) Power supply
April 20, 2011 7:19:40 AM

Ah OK. I love Antec, and the 1200 V3 is a beauty of a box. I wantz one, but hey, stick with the cheapies if you don't have the $$ hey? :) 
m
l
a c 154 ) Power supply
April 20, 2011 3:14:31 PM

The Antec 902 V3 is an update f the venerable 902 adding a CPU cutout, internal bottom-mounted 2.5" SSD drive bay and front USB 3.0 port.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The DF-35 would be my choice over the DF-30 as it adds swap bays for storage devices.....but until it gets and update adding a front USB 3 port, I have dropped it off my build list.

m
l
April 20, 2011 3:20:12 PM

The HAF series and Lancool series are the ultimate "bang for your buck".
m
l
!