Hey all... I'm putting together the following system:
- Core i7-950
- GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R
- COOLER MASTER Silent Pro RS850-AMBAJ3-US
- OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
- COOLER MASTER HAF 932
- Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"
- COOLER MASTER Intel Core i7 compatible V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler
- Asus VE248H Black 24" Full HD HDMI LED (planning to add a second one in a couple of months)
as part of a combo on NewEgg (unless CyberPowerPc beats the price on BF).
I'm thinking on waiting 'til January to buy a couple of nVidia cards for SLI gaming on this setup... once new model announcements have been done (better deals and lower prices on 2nd gen models?)... I was planning on getting a couple of 460 GTX right now but I'd rather spend some of that on my home theater setup which won't be easily (nor cheaply) upgraded.
So the question is... which would be a 'decent' video card for gaming below $80? I mainly play SC2 with the buddies as well as Dawn of War II, and Eve Online on my own... all comments will be appreciated!!!
Adding 2nd monitor surely load GPU even more, for now dual GTX460 is more than enough to play anything on 24" monitor, but for longer term they won't enough, so i suggest getting single powerful card, like GTX470 and add another one later if you have money...