I have a LOT of questions about motherboards, sli, cpus and the like.

jjon43

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
To start off, I apologize if this is in the wrong place or anything. I just joined, and it's like 2:45 and I'm tired.

A few months back, I bought a prebuilt computer from newegg, this one, and I just realized that the mobo doesn't support SLI. I want to upgrade it, because I think that it will help my performance in games a lot. (If I'm wrong, and I should do something else, please tell me! I'm trying to learn, but it's a lot to take in, all this computer hardware stuff.) So I was doing some research to see what kind of mobo I would have to get, and I found this one. I think that it will support my processor, and all of the other components in my PC, but I want to be sure before I shell out almost $300 for a second gtx 560 and the mobo. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

If I had to do it over again, I would have built it, but I didn't, so that's that. I'm sorry again if I did anything wrong, I'm new. :p

a4mula

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009

If you're not happy with the performance of the 560 then I'd sell it and get a single gpu solution you will be happy with like the 580 or the soon to be released 7970/7950.

Mostly I just want anyone considering this path that there are issues with multiple gpus. There are plenty of people out there that claim microstuttering doesn't effect them, they just don't notice it. Others tend to be more sensitive to it.

jjon43

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011

Well, thanks for the heads up. I really wish I knew this stuff before I bought it, but live and learn. Thanks again!

jjon43

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011

I'm sorry, one more question. Does the amount of memory in the card make a huge difference? I see one on newegg with 3 gb and one with 1.5 gb, with big price differences. Does it make a huge deal?