Sign in with
Your question
Solved

$1000-$1500 Gaming Computer

Last response: in Systems
January 23, 2011 12:12:05 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: 1-2 Weeks.

Budget Range: $1000-$1500 AUD.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming (CoD Black Ops & WoW Catalysm) , Movies and Browsing.

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, Speakers.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I will be buying parts from www.msy.com.au. ( http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf ) <--- PDF of the parts they sell.

Country of Origin: Australia

Parts Preferences: by brand or type: Intel Core i7-950 CPU and Nvidia Graphics Card (Don't mind AMD).

Overclocking: Maybe.

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe.

Monitor Resolution: 1680x1050.

Additional Comments: Mainly just after a good gaming PC to run games at max graphics while maintaining high FPS. Also needs to be quiet.

Thanks,
noogenlol.
January 23, 2011 12:29:27 PM

I'd try hard to get a GTX570, and a mb that is certified/allows SLI.....; you might be happy with just a single card at that fairly moderate resolution.
m
l

Best solution

January 23, 2011 4:38:54 PM

You don't need SLI/CF for those games. CoDBO is not as power-hungry as Crysis. Even a gtx 460 will play smoothly at your resolution with image quality maxed out. I suggest you wait for Tue for gtx 560 to be released for about $270 US. WoW is a very dated game which can be played on even modern onboard video. It is, however, very network latency-dependent. So I'd focus on getting fiber or the fastest DSL if I'm serious about WoW grinding.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1465/3/

Not sure why you're limiting your hardware selection to one store. Probably has to do with your payment. I get whatever I can fastest & at a reasonable price.

No to i7 950. Why get last gen when you can get current gen like LGA1155? There's one socket coming out to replace LGA1136. At least i5 2500 + a P67 ATX mobo. Throw in a 500-600W quality psu like Seasonic. Any mid or full tower case. RAM will be DDR3 2x2GB. Any speed. Remember to focus on gpu if given the choice since you're building a GAMING rig. i.e. a more expensive gpu & a cheaper cpu. If you plan on keeping the gpu for a long while, get a slightly overkill one like GTX 570. But I'd still wait for the 25th.
January 24, 2011 1:24:48 AM

Best answer selected by noogenlol.
m
l
!