• Nvidia
  • TV
  • Windows 7
  • Graphics
  • Displays
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 24, 2010 5:51:20 PM

Hello Tomshardware forum users,
Haven't posted here in nearly a couple years but have run into a problem I just can't seem to find a solution to recently and immediately thought of this place.

Recently updated a TV-connected desktop to Windows 7 and now experiencing problems with the display. The video card inside is an NVidia GeForce 6800GT and the display is a Samsung LCD TV (LN40A750 [R1F]). Basically, after installation I started seeing a lot of screen tearing, especially when the screen would dim for the UAC (user access control) feature of windows. I downloaded the latest drivers from nvidia and disabled the screen dimming on access control on windows and that mostly seems to have fixed the problem. Now the tearing happens only upon boot (the Windows login screen often doesn't display properly) and always happens when I connect to the PC via Remote-admin. The Mirror driver from radmin forces a change to the Windows Basic theme (from aero) upon connection and that changes the theme's color depth (it seems) and my TV just seems to have one hell of a time displaying it properly. I tried taking a screenshot but the tearing isn't visible there which makes me believe the problem is in my TV being unable to display some color themes (or depth) properly. Has anyone had any experience with this? I've never had issues with monitors that couldn't be fixed via installing the correct graphics card drivers.

Any help appreciated. Also, please ask questions if something about this situation is unclear, as I'm writing this in a hurry and have possibly left things out or made them ambiguous.

More about : nvidia 6800gt windows samsung lcd display problems

a b Î Nvidia
a b x TV
a c 256 $ Windows 7
November 24, 2010 6:27:42 PM

How are you connecting your GPU to the HDTV (VGA, HDMI, DVI)?
m
l
November 24, 2010 9:45:49 PM

VGA
m
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a b x TV
a c 256 $ Windows 7
November 25, 2010 1:54:06 AM

What resolution are you displaying at when connected directly and when viewed view remote admin? Also, is your monitor (HDTV) set to display at 60hz?
m
l
November 25, 2010 1:40:57 PM

both are set to 1920x1080 at 60Hz
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b x TV
a c 256 $ Windows 7
November 25, 2010 2:23:22 PM

Are you connecting (via remote admin) over a wireless or wired network? Just trying to establish your config to better offer help. Sorry for the many questions.
m
l
November 25, 2010 2:46:58 PM

not a problem, wired connection
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b x TV
a c 256 $ Windows 7
November 25, 2010 5:09:58 PM

Do you have a "regular" monitor that you can connect to the system in question? If so, does it show the same issues?
m
l
November 8, 2011 1:32:40 AM

Not a problem,you can set to 1920x1080 at 60Hz.
m
l
November 15, 2011 12:07:24 PM

COLGeek said:
Do you have a "regular" monitor that you can connect to the system in question? If so, does it show the same issues?

Yes, a regular monitor shows the same issues. Surprisingly, this does not happen in Safe Mode.
m
l
!