Sandy Bridge Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtxace

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
Using an H67 motherboard, is there a graphics benefit to using the unlocked 2500K vs the regular 2500 CPU?

Thanks

^ Give them 14nm and that would occur,
they way I see it for each generation of chips, AMD will still kick Intel's ass in Graphics.
Judging from AMD's llano roadmap, we will be seeing HD5550s and HD5570s with Phenom II on die by H2 this year

There's an "article" (and I use the word loosely :p) over on Semiaccurate about how Intel has a big surprise for Ivy Bridge graphics. According to Charlie, Intel will be using stacked graphics memory directly on the die - won't be fast memory as it will have to be low-power obviously, but will have a huge pipe to the GPU. So Charlie thinks the IB GPU will be very competitive with midrange discrete GPUs..

Personally I don't put much stock in either Charlie or Fuad's articles, which seem mainly about getting website hits instead of accuracy..

littlehawk

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
Sort of. H67 you can only overclock graphics i think. Some say up to 35% more power. To over-clock on any board you need K-series. Unlocked 2500 is just $15 more. Go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.