I have a 5750, not entirely satisfied

joker1

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
I have included a screenshot of my specs. My temps are so high because I just shut down a game I was playing. My hard drive is SATA II 3.0GB/s and my graphics card is manufactured by MSI and has 1GB of video memory. Yes, that is my actual resolution.

qx6wds.png

One of the games I play is ArmA 2. I get about 60fps, in forests I get 30fps and in towns I get about 40fps. When I turn my draw distance up past 2000 my fps starts to lower. Particle effects also have a huge effect on my framerate. When I play multiplayer I get texture loading issues, they don't load at the proper distances so I will have a texture that is meant for 500m+ on an object I am 10m from. All of these things seem to occur because of my graphics card. I just wanted to make sure I'm not wrong here before I get a different card. Thanks for your help. :)

I should add that I am willing to buy a new graphics card if necessary. My budget is about $200.

the 5750 is an ok mainstream card. It has been out for a while... ok maybe a year. But It's technology and it moves fast. What resolution do you play at? I would say a GTX460 or 6850 would be a good upgrade for you. As mentioned you could OC your card, that would give you a boost as well.

Arma II is a really demanding game,

Recommended:

Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster
Memory: 2GB
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM
DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
Hard Drive: 20 GB free space

That is just the Reccomnded not the Optimum,Arma II is somewhat like Crysis in the amount of power it requires to run it.

A Radeon 6850 would be a good upgrade to run everything smoothly at your resoloution.I Believe your CPU is getting bottlenecked by that GPU,getting a new one should unleash the full potential of both.

joker1

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010

Correct, I play some games at other resolutions but those are only my older games that don't support 1400x1050. I think I will get a 6850 or perhaps a 6870. Thanks for all your help. :D