Sign in with
Your question

Need help!!!Undervolt and underclock a prescott SL7E4 (Pentium 4 3Ghz)

Last response: in CPUs
April 20, 2011 8:52:35 PM

Hi! I need...i have a prescott SL7E4 (Intel Pentium 4 3 GHz) , and its running always was running too hot, 75 celsuis and i change all the compound artic silver etc and nothing, its because of the voltage, this cpu is locked and by softaware i can not do anything, it says in the intel site the minimum is 1.2 range for the voltage, so theres anyway to undervolt with pin mod, and underclock a little with pin mod too? is it is possible? the vids have all the pins get into the socket so i presume all are in L position, and from the diagrams datasheets i looked in other thread here in the forum, i just need to bend two pins or insulate two pins to get 1.2 voltage correct? and for the underclock just one pin bend and the other with wire connect the other pin with the hole of the pin that is bend correct, to put ir in L position, and it runs at 133mhz = 133 * 15 = 2000 mhz, correct? sorry my english but i need really help i dont want to do things wrong... please reply please and sorry my english but i am also new in this kind of mods...:whistle: 
a b à CPUs
April 20, 2011 9:28:53 PM

That's pretty hot, but sadly that's actually that's pretty acceptable for a Prescott P4 :( . I say just slap a bigger cooler on it ^_^. Anyway, don't know about the pin mods, but hey what have you got to loose.
Related resources
April 20, 2011 10:07:45 PM

thanks but i dont want to spend money i am cheap and it not necessary for an old cpu and it is in a laptop...please i need help to mod these...
a b à CPUs
April 21, 2011 4:22:31 PM

Pentium 4's are made to run hot thats what they do best. That thread was talking about overvolting you CPU not undervolting it.

Since its in a laptop, you could buy a can of compressed air and try to remove and dust/lint that may be built up in the cooling system. Which may help a little. A friend of mine had a Pentium 4 laptop, and it ran really hot, we opened it up at one point and there was a massive heatsink and two cooling fans for the processor. (Standard laptops have smaller heatsinks and only 1 fan unless its a high performance unit)

Just because intel says 1.2v is the minimum doesnt mean it will work either. the voltage for my Core 2 is 0.85-1.5v, it probably wouldnt work lower than 1.2, no chance in hell it will work at 0.85.
Anonymous
April 21, 2011 4:32:18 PM

http://www.pbus-167.com/ Check this out. You can undervolt with this software as well as a lot of other cool things.
April 21, 2011 4:59:27 PM

Snipergod87 said:
Pentium 4's are made to run hot thats what they do best. That thread was talking about overvolting you CPU not undervolting it.

Since its in a laptop, you could buy a can of compressed air and try to remove and dust/lint that may be built up in the cooling system. Which may help a little. A friend of mine had a Pentium 4 laptop, and it ran really hot, we opened it up at one point and there was a massive heatsink and two cooling fans for the processor. (Standard laptops have smaller heatsinks and only 1 fan unless its a high performance unit)

Just because intel says 1.2v is the minimum doesnt mean it will work either. the voltage for my Core 2 is 0.85-1.5v, it probably wouldnt work lower than 1.2, no chance in hell it will work at 0.85.

yes of course but it is just a matter of testing, and yes i cleaned all the cooler puted artic silver compound and nothing, and yes i know it is a thread about OC and OV but to do UV is only the reverse but i dont know if i will do all things right so i would apreciate some advices to do these to not kill the cpu cheers
April 21, 2011 5:00:58 PM

Anonymous said:
http://www.pbus-167.com/ Check this out. You can undervolt with this software as well as a lot of other cool things.

Thanks but i think these software works only with speedtest cpus and pentium 4 precott dont have these feature.. only trhtlling i think...so it is loked and the soft can not change the vids etc... or have you underclocked prescotts with these software? cheers
a b à CPUs
April 21, 2011 5:47:50 PM

I use RMClock or CPUGenie and undervolt my mobile processor. RMClock is free
April 21, 2011 5:51:03 PM

Snipergod87 said:
I use RMClock or CPUGenie and undervolt my mobile processor. RMClock is free

yep i studied a lot these programs and read in foruns but no way without pin mod this pentium 4 is locked, only the pentium 4 M had speedtest so i am stucked in that programs because no vids no multipliers apeears and neither the option to activate p state... thats why i am here looking for help to make the pin mod...is the last thing i can do... :( 
a c 471 à CPUs
April 22, 2011 3:27:50 AM

Ahh...

Good 'ole P4 Prescott...

They make a good space heater or a spare hotplate.

Sorry, I have nothing to offer if RMClock won't work for you. That was a great program back in day.
!