Sign in with
Your question

$2000 PC Build - Should I just buy from Cyberpower?

Last response: in Systems
January 23, 2011 7:31:32 PM

I originally built my first PC and while it was a fun time, I really don't want to go through the stress of something going wrong. I purchased it in 2008 and believe it's time for an upgrade.

I'd like to turn to CyberPower to configure my desktop for me. I'm looking at an i5-2500k or i7-2600k with a GTX 580. I'd also like to boot from SSD with a couple internal hard drives. I have a coolmaster case and while it's worked well, I'd like something with an aluminum construction that looks nice similar to the Mac Pro towers.

Can you help me figure out what would be the best option?
January 23, 2011 7:51:02 PM

You just need to decide if having CyberPower build your system is worth the extra money. Figure out what parts you want and how much it would cost you to build it on your own. Then see how much the comparable system from CyberPower would cost. If you think the difference is worth it, then go for it. That is what I would do anyway.

Personally I like to build my own system not only because it is cheaper, but also you have complete control over how you design your build. But that is me, it is hard to tell you what to do because I don't know how strict of a budget you are on.
m
l
!