Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 vs ASUS P8P67 EVO

netrick

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Hello,

I'm having hard time deciding which board I should buy, GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 or ASUS P8P67 EVO
My GPU will be Gigabyte HD 6950 OC and MY CPU will be i5-2500k. I want to OC CPU to about 4,5 Ghz and install a good cooler. There's a problem with P8P67 EVO - some coolers don't fit. I don't know anything about coolers on P67A-UD3p-B3, but probably more coolers fit. Gigabyte's mobo has better audio (it's important to me, with realtek 889 I don't need to spend extra money on external audio card), is about 15$ cheaper in my country. Both have 12+2 phases but I'm not sure about cooling - EVO has more radiators, but I've read that p67a-ud3p-b3 has lower temps on power section and socket (but I'm not sure). I know that P8P67 EVO is placed very very high in almost all benchmarks and it's an OC beast. I don't care about Crossfire so gigabyte doesn't get disadventage here for me. Which one is less problematic? I've heard about some P8P67 issues, but I have no clue about GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 - there aren't any reviews available and I'm not able to find good info! I'm interested in overall stability, OC, temps, voltages, performance (that's important because I'm building gaming computer). I'd like to find out those things about gigabyte's mobo as I don't know them, but info about asus mobo is also welcome.

To sum up, I need some info and opinions about GA-P67A-UD3P-B3. Also, if you know both mobos, I'd be happy if you could tell me which one should I choose for my needs.

Thanks in advance

netrick

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Thanks! I've read about some boot and reboot problems with that gigabyte mobo, has it been fixed? Also, I'd be happy with some more opinions (and of course with info about that gb's mobo!)

TRENDING THREADS