Should PSU Face Up Or Down?

yutubemedia

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
I have a NZXT Phantom Case, and a Raidmax-rx-850AE PSU, should I have the FAN face down or up?
Also right above the PSU is my GPU cooler which is a Arctic Accelero that has 3 intake fans facing down towards the psu, so i dont know if thats fighting to suck in the air that the psu is trying to suck in at the same time??

Thanks

That case has a bottom mount for the PSU. the PSU fan should be mounted so that the fan can pull air into the PSU and exhaust it out the back. All that having the GPU cooler fans in close proximity to the PSU fan means that they will be pulling more air from the front of the case, and not really fighting one another.

Since there is a grate for the PSU to suck in air from the bottom of the case it really doesnt matter. The fans on the GPU will be working harder than the PSUs anyway so they would win over the PSU's fan, and as long as there is more than a couple inches between them their airflows wont interact much.

upon closer inspection, I now see that the case has a vent on the bottom, therefore, I agree that you should face the fan down, to pull in the coolest air.