Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

$1200 Gaming build need advice

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 23, 2011 9:55:37 PM

Hey all so i am new at building pcs so go easy on me:)  Anyway i am looking to build a gaming rig for around 1200 canadian dollars.

Approximate Purchase Date: Hopefully this month unless I change my mind to wait for new hardware maybe?


Budget Range: $1200 CAD


System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, movies and general use such as browsing websites and Microsoft office suite.


Parts Not Required:Keyboard, mouse and speakers.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: directcanada.com, newegg.ca, ncix.com. If you all have any other well known canadian sites with good deals please tell me also I prefer to order all the parts from one site.


Country of Origin: Canada, Ontario Toronto

Parts Preferences: I prefer Intel and Nvidia rest doesn't really matter as long as it lasts and gets the job done


Overclocking: I guess I will overclock if it is easy enough for me:S


SLI or Crossfire: Maybe


Monitor Resolution: At the moment I am using a 1280x1024 I plan on upgrading to 1920x1080 (the 1200 isn't part of the monitor budget)


Additional Comments: hmm that is all for now I guess.
a b 4 Gaming
January 23, 2011 10:12:42 PM

Is your budget $1,200 CAD or $600 - $800 CAD ?

The title of the thread reads: " $1200 Gaming build need advice" yet on your budget you have $600 -$800....maybe I'm missing something...
m
0
l
January 23, 2011 11:19:08 PM

Why_Me said:
Is your budget $1,200 CAD or $600 - $800 CAD ?

The title of the thread reads: " $1200 Gaming build need advice" yet on your budget you have $600 -$800....maybe I'm missing something...


I apologize for this I was using the template and forgot to edit it out. It is 1200 cad
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
January 24, 2011 12:27:59 AM

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681... $99.98
COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681... $109.99
SILVERSTONE ELEMENT ST75EF 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681... $159.99
ASRock P67 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681... $229.99 FREE SHIPPING
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1683... $29.99
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682... $39.99
Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 996585

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682... $74.99
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682... $17.99
LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA CD/DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681... $347.49
EVGA 012-P3-1570-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1683... $109.99
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM

Total: $1,220.40 *not including shipping, rebates, etc...

*Cheaper version of this build; swap out psu and video card with these down below...

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681... $89.99
Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V Ver.2.2 / EPS12V version 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681... $179.99 - $20.00 Rebate Card FREE SHIPPING
GIGABYTE GV-N460OC-1GI GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Total: $1,032.90 *not including shipping, rebates, etc...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $189.99 - $179.99 after mail-in rebate card FREE SHIPPING
ASUS VE247H Black 23.6" 2ms Full HD HDMI LED BackLight LCD Monitor w/Speakers 300 cd/m2 10,000,000:1 (ASCR)
m
0
l
January 24, 2011 4:11:24 PM

Why_Me said:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681... $99.98
COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681... $109.99
SILVERSTONE ELEMENT ST75EF 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681... $159.99
ASRock P67 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681... $229.99 FREE SHIPPING
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1683... $29.99
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682... $39.99
Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 996585

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682... $74.99
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682... $17.99
LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA CD/DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681... $347.49
EVGA 012-P3-1570-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1683... $109.99
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM

Total: $1,220.40 *not including shipping, rebates, etc...

*Cheaper version of this build; swap out psu and video card with these down below...

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681... $89.99
Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V Ver.2.2 / EPS12V version 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681... $179.99 - $20.00 Rebate Card FREE SHIPPING
GIGABYTE GV-N460OC-1GI GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Total: $1,032.90 *not including shipping, rebates, etc...

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682... $179.99 - $20.00 Rebate Card
ASUS VH236H Black 23" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen Full HD 1080P LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 20000 :1 (ASCR) Built-in Speakers


Thanks for the quick reply I changed the power supply to this
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

Also it seems the motherboard is in high demand because I keep getting this message
ASRock P67 Extreme4 has been removed from shopping cart due to quantity limitation/insufficient stock. Some combo items might be affected by this.
Any other options for a motherboard? Also how long does the $30 instant saving for the cpu cooler/heatsink last?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
January 24, 2011 4:35:59 PM

hellzscream said:
Thanks for the quick reply I changed the power supply to this
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

Also it seems the motherboard is in high demand because I keep getting this message
ASRock P67 Extreme4 has been removed from shopping cart due to quantity limitation/insufficient stock. Some combo items might be affected by this.
Any other options for a motherboard? Also how long does the $30 instant saving for the cpu cooler/heatsink last?


I'm not sure how long certain combo's last. Some are there for only a few weeks, others for literally a year or more.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Item... Combo Price: $504.98 (Before $20.00 USD Mail-In Rebate)
MSI N570GTX-M2D12D5 GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
MSI P67A-GD55 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
m
0
l
January 24, 2011 5:27:09 PM

Why_Me said:
I'm not sure how long certain combo's last. Some are there for only a few weeks, others for literally a year or more.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Item... Combo Price: $504.98 (Before $20.00 USD Mail-In Rebate)
MSI N570GTX-M2D12D5 GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
MSI P67A-GD55 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard


Anoter question. Is it true that the new sandy bridge cpus have drm?
m
0
l
!