Sign in with
Your question

HD maxtor 6y160m0 not recognized by Windows 2008 server

Last response: in Windows 7
November 23, 2011 6:25:40 AM

Hi guys,

I just got a Dell server from a friend and want to install Windows 2008 Server on it.

The thing is when I start installing it, when I have to decide the location I don't see any hard drive.

I guess it's a problem of sata drviers, but I don't find any on the web... I forgot to mention that there is a Raid controller (I don't know if this can make any difference...)

Any solution?
Thanks in advance for your help
a b $ Windows 7
November 23, 2011 8:06:25 AM

akaii said:
Hi guys,

I just got a Dell server from a friend and want to install Windows 2008 Server on it.

The thing is when I start installing it, when I have to decide the location I don't see any hard drive.

I guess it's a problem of sata drviers, but I don't find any on the web... I forgot to mention that there is a Raid controller (I don't know if this can make any difference...)

Any solution?
Thanks in advance for your help

Check the BIOS Configurations.
Also, there have been instances of the Raid Driver cache preventing access to HD. A solution was disable the Raid Driver Cache. But, you provide little specifics other than raid.
a b $ Windows 7
November 23, 2011 9:46:52 AM

You may need to load a raid/ahci driver before it can see the disk.

What model of Dell server?
November 24, 2011 12:52:29 AM

I m not in front of the server right now, but I have noted the Raid Controller card's serial number : SG-0H2052-12601-48D-23P3, of course there is no brend on the card.
There is no stickers on the server, how can I know which model of Dell Server?
!