Trouble installing new memory

triumvir01

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
The Gateway specs appear to show the maximum memory supported is 2 GBs. So it would not recognize the new Kingston 4GBs you installed. It is also possible that the new RAM is defective, and while that is not likely, you could test it by visiting the memtest86+ website, downloading the bootable image, burning it to a CD, and running it at boot (you boot to the bootable image, not to windows). memtest86+ will test your RAM for errors, and should be run on each stick separately, so if there is an error, you will know which stick is bad.

treefrog07 is right, your mobo supports max 2GB of the RAM

It will not use more than 2GB and most likely only 1GB per 1 RAM slot.

Memory
Installed: 2048 MB DDR2 533 MHz (PC4200) SDRAM (two 1024 MB modules)
Expandable to: 2 GB (2 x DDR2 slots)

NEEDHELPNOW_13

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
I have a problem with putting Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB ram on Asus M4A87TD EVO. When I install it, it just shows the DRAM_LED, is it because the memory isn't compatable, I'm not sure. What can I do? Sorry this is my first build.

Try to re-seat the RAM or put it in to different slots. Also post your system specs.

Open a new thread on your problem, that is the best way to get helped : ) Posting a question in someone's thread will just confuse others NEEDHELPNOW_13 : )