Closed Solved

New build for photo editing, ~$500 - need advice.

I need to replace a PC a friend built for me 8 years ago. I plan to use this computer mostly for photo and video editing, uploading and downloading files over the Internet, and lastly some light gaming.

I plan to reuse my ATX Mid Tower Case, 420W Power Supply and 23” LCD Monitor (1980x 1080).

The must haves for this build or buy would be: Win7, the ability to download photos from my camera via USB3.0, & a 1TB HD.

I know what ever I end up with will be a huge improvement over what I have been using, but I hope to keep this PC working for the next 5-10 years with only modest upgrading over that time.

Lastly and most importantly, my budget is ~$500.

Thanks in advance,
Paul.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build photo editing advice

1. $500

Quad-core, USB 3.0, 1TB HDD, HD 5670. Killer system, and I went with a pretty good, expandable MOBO, for future upgrades, such as 6-core cpus.
  2. Thank you for your reply.

Let me ask, I live by a Micro Center; can you tell me if any of these combo's would be a better option?

http://www.microcenter.com/specials/promotions/AMDbundlePROMO.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=E0976%20eNews%2020110118&utm_source=ACT_BYO&

They do not have the AMD Athlon II X4 635, but they do have the 640. I just don't know which motherboard would be comparable.

Thanks again,
    Paul.
  3. Best answer
    The $155.98 bundle is USB 3.0 and SATA-III and an ASUS, so overall that bundle is the best I see, unless you want to drop having USB 3.0. However that CPU/MOBO bundle is cheaper then the CPU and MOBO I suggested on Newegg. So if I was you, I would get the bundle from Microcenter.
  4. Best answer selected by pbsharp.
  5. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Photo New Build Systems