Last response: in Systems
January 24, 2011 1:01:11 AM

so does it look stable?
NZXT TEMPEST EVO
ASRock 870 EXTREME3
HIS H577FK1GD Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB
XFX P1-650X-CAG9 650W
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 4GB (2 x 2GB)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CoolIT SYSTEMS ECO-R120 Advanced Liquid Cooling

i plan to over clock CPU, GPU, and maybe the ram. also in the future i plan to add an additional 5770 for xfire. i do realize im missing a hard drive and disc drive, im moving them over from my current computer. as you can guess i plan to reformat my hd to 64 bit.

More about : upcoming build

a b B Homebuilt system
January 24, 2011 2:12:28 AM

Looks solid. Check the revision of your CPU before purchase. You want a C3, that would have a HDZ955FBGMBOX product code as opposed to "FBGI" in the middle (You want an M instead of I for C3). They should overclock better.

Depending on the age of your HDD, the newer ones tend to be faster (read as, "Get a Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB).
m
l
January 24, 2011 3:28:12 AM

its only a year old 300gb. i may add more memory in later but for now it has done well with my games.

checked the reviews and they say it is a C3 so that looks good
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
January 24, 2011 3:57:02 AM

Yeah, Newegg only has C3's now.

A guy on another thread convinced me that I should be more critical of people's builds if they don't maximize graphics. He was right. You should save $35 on a cheaper case, $40 on getting an air cooler instead of water. You should be able to get past 4.0GHz on air. Plus, I don't see anywhere on the motherboard's description that it has a mounting plate for a waterblock and that water cooler does not come with an AM3 adapter (according to reviews).

There, I just saved you $75. Now buy a 5850 and play games at higher settings for the same cost.
m
l
January 24, 2011 5:20:31 AM

lol the main reason i chose that case was because it came with alot of fans in good places stock.... and it had a nice black interior. the water cooling system does have a am3 adapter, i had to youtube it to be sure for some video reviews....

as for the mobo i never understood the back plate mounting thing... maybe you or some one could explain that for me.
m
l
January 24, 2011 5:28:41 AM

actually i think i might hold off on OC the cpu for a little while and just get the thing built as cheap as i can atm. so ill hold off on after market cooling for now. but i still would like some one to explain heat sink/water cooling mounting on the mobo.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
January 24, 2011 5:41:07 AM

Sorry, I'm still waiting to get around to water cooling. I'll probably do that later this year with one of those simple systems like that one you picked out.
m
l
January 24, 2011 10:57:47 AM

check out the new egg video on it and youtube it also there's a lot information on it. for instance it actually uses a "standard" mounting bracket setup like a after market fan and heat sink uses. corsair also makes one similar to this one but it costs more.
m
l
!