Last response: in Systems
January 24, 2011 1:01:11 AM

so does it look stable?
NZXT TEMPEST EVO
ASRock 870 EXTREME3
HIS H577FK1GD Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB
XFX P1-650X-CAG9 650W
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 4GB (2 x 2GB)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CoolIT SYSTEMS ECO-R120 Advanced Liquid Cooling

i plan to over clock CPU, GPU, and maybe the ram. also in the future i plan to add an additional 5770 for xfire. i do realize im missing a hard drive and disc drive, im moving them over from my current computer. as you can guess i plan to reformat my hd to 64 bit.

More about : upcoming build

a b B Homebuilt system
January 24, 2011 2:12:28 AM

Looks solid. Check the revision of your CPU before purchase. You want a C3, that would have a HDZ955FBGMBOX product code as opposed to "FBGI" in the middle (You want an M instead of I for C3). They should overclock better.

Depending on the age of your HDD, the newer ones tend to be faster (read as, "Get a Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB).
January 24, 2011 3:28:12 AM

its only a year old 300gb. i may add more memory in later but for now it has done well with my games.

checked the reviews and they say it is a C3 so that looks good
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
January 24, 2011 3:57:02 AM

Yeah, Newegg only has C3's now.

A guy on another thread convinced me that I should be more critical of people's builds if they don't maximize graphics. He was right. You should save $35 on a cheaper case, $40 on getting an air cooler instead of water. You should be able to get past 4.0GHz on air. Plus, I don't see anywhere on the motherboard's description that it has a mounting plate for a waterblock and that water cooler does not come with an AM3 adapter (according to reviews).

There, I just saved you $75. Now buy a 5850 and play games at higher settings for the same cost.
January 24, 2011 5:20:31 AM

lol the main reason i chose that case was because it came with alot of fans in good places stock.... and it had a nice black interior. the water cooling system does have a am3 adapter, i had to youtube it to be sure for some video reviews....

as for the mobo i never understood the back plate mounting thing... maybe you or some one could explain that for me.
January 24, 2011 5:28:41 AM

actually i think i might hold off on OC the cpu for a little while and just get the thing built as cheap as i can atm. so ill hold off on after market cooling for now. but i still would like some one to explain heat sink/water cooling mounting on the mobo.
a b B Homebuilt system
January 24, 2011 5:41:07 AM

Sorry, I'm still waiting to get around to water cooling. I'll probably do that later this year with one of those simple systems like that one you picked out.
January 24, 2011 10:57:47 AM

check out the new egg video on it and youtube it also there's a lot information on it. for instance it actually uses a "standard" mounting bracket setup like a after market fan and heat sink uses. corsair also makes one similar to this one but it costs more.
!