Closed Solved

HDMI to VGA - DVI to VGA

Hello, I have a question i can seem to get answered, I bought a XFX HD6850 and i read 2 reviews stating that this card natively does not support 2 monitors at a time via x2 DVI to VGA so i was wondering if i could buy a HDMI to VGA and run both of my screens via DVI to VGA and HDMI to VGA?

Below are the review's about the 2 screens with x2 DVI to VGA.....

''Just so you know, you cannot run two VGA monitors from this device - if you want to run two VGA monitors you can use one VGA-DVI adapter, then have to buy a $25 DisplayPort-VGA adapter from a third party to get the second one to work''

''DVI inputs - one of the DVI's is digital only. So if you have an older monitor in a dual monitor setup it matters which input you plug them into''

Please help me! lol
Thanks!!!!
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about hdmi
  1. I dont think that there is an HDMI to VGA Convertor available. I have seen HDMI to VGA convertors mentioned but on closer inspection they always turn out to be DVI to VGA Convertors. As HDMI and DVI are the same quality I assume that is how they get lumped together. I could be wrong but I have yet to find one at this stage. It may be time to make that investment in more modern monitors.
  2. Best answer
    there are hdmi to dvi cables so if you can hook up the hdmi to the monitor then you can get a dvi to vga adapter for a few bucks off ebay or newegg.

but as for your specific card about doing two vga's i have no idea.

i have a geforece 9400 gt and i have it set up for 2 monitors, one is connected via hdmi and one via the dvi, currently not using the vga input.

i am sure this was of no help but there you go
  3. rgs80074 said:
    there are hdmi to dvi cables so if you can hook up the hdmi to the monitor then you can get a dvi to vga adapter for a few bucks off ebay or newegg.

but as for your specific card about doing two vga's i have no idea.

i have a geforece 9400 gt and i have it set up for 2 monitors, one is connected via hdmi and one via the dvi, currently not using the vga input.

i am sure this was of no help but there you go

Well i have a HD4850 atm and i have it set to use 2 screens and they are both using DVI to VGA and i have no problem, its been this way for over 6 months but with this HD6850 it says it wont support 2 screen via DVI to VGA, as you said you have 1 screen hooked up with DVI and other screen with HDMI so i guess i should be able to do so.

I'll try 11/29 Monday when it gets to my house :D
  4. Best answer selected by timmy121.
  5. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards DVI VGA HDMI Monitors Graphics Product