• DVI
  • VGA
  • HDMI
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 25, 2010 8:36:51 AM

Hello, I have a question i can seem to get answered, I bought a XFX HD6850 and i read 2 reviews stating that this card natively does not support 2 monitors at a time via x2 DVI to VGA so i was wondering if i could buy a HDMI to VGA and run both of my screens via DVI to VGA and HDMI to VGA?

Below are the review's about the 2 screens with x2 DVI to VGA.....

''Just so you know, you cannot run two VGA monitors from this device - if you want to run two VGA monitors you can use one VGA-DVI adapter, then have to buy a $25 DisplayPort-VGA adapter from a third party to get the second one to work''

''DVI inputs - one of the DVI's is digital only. So if you have an older monitor in a dual monitor setup it matters which input you plug them into''

Please help me! lol
Thanks!!!!

More about : hdmi vga dvi vga

a b U Graphics card
November 25, 2010 4:39:40 PM

I dont think that there is an HDMI to VGA Convertor available. I have seen HDMI to VGA convertors mentioned but on closer inspection they always turn out to be DVI to VGA Convertors. As HDMI and DVI are the same quality I assume that is how they get lumped together. I could be wrong but I have yet to find one at this stage. It may be time to make that investment in more modern monitors.
Score

Best solution

November 25, 2010 7:29:10 PM

there are hdmi to dvi cables so if you can hook up the hdmi to the monitor then you can get a dvi to vga adapter for a few bucks off ebay or newegg.

but as for your specific card about doing two vga's i have no idea.

i have a geforece 9400 gt and i have it set up for 2 monitors, one is connected via hdmi and one via the dvi, currently not using the vga input.

i am sure this was of no help but there you go
Related resources
November 25, 2010 7:51:57 PM

rgs80074 said:
there are hdmi to dvi cables so if you can hook up the hdmi to the monitor then you can get a dvi to vga adapter for a few bucks off ebay or newegg.

but as for your specific card about doing two vga's i have no idea.

i have a geforece 9400 gt and i have it set up for 2 monitors, one is connected via hdmi and one via the dvi, currently not using the vga input.

i am sure this was of no help but there you go

Well i have a HD4850 atm and i have it set to use 2 screens and they are both using DVI to VGA and i have no problem, its been this way for over 6 months but with this HD6850 it says it wont support 2 screen via DVI to VGA, as you said you have 1 screen hooked up with DVI and other screen with HDMI so i guess i should be able to do so.

I'll try 11/29 Monday when it gets to my house :D 

Score
December 2, 2010 2:51:17 AM

Best answer selected by timmy121.
Score
a c 274 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
December 2, 2010 10:50:39 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!