Did I buy crap ?

run-dll

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Please check this : http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z68MA-G43--G3-.html

It was advertised no where. It came out in november. Lowest end PCIE 3.0 supporting motherboard.. ( Z68MA-G43 (G3) )

I wanted to build a mid sandy bridge/ivy bridge system

For now I have SB G840 Cpu when ivy bridge is out I ll replace the cpu for a true 4 core ivy bridge on this motherboard...

I have it installed since 3 days. Played some games with it. There does not seem to be any issues so far. But I am worried about it. It was pretty cheap I think. 100 dollars.

Maybe they just used old components on it.. this is why it is so cheap I dont know..

The main problem is there is no review about it anywhere, it is almost sold nowhere except Russia...

Should I RMA it ? or just be patient and cool and use it ?

I don't think they make poor boards. Its mostly the quality of the other components that messes the things up.

They use ASRock Dura Cap (2.5 x longer life time), 100% Japan-made high-quality Conductive Polymer Capacitors

It has some cool features. U should be happy with it and stop worry.

Digi Power, Supports AM3+ Processor, 8-Core CPU
Supports Dual Channel DDR3 2100(OC)
Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX™ , 3-Way CrossFireX™ and CrossFireX™
Supports NVIDIA® SLI™
4 x USB 3.0, 5 x SATA3, 2 x IEEE 1394, Dr. Debug, Power/Reset/Clear CMOS Switch with LED
7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec), Supports THX TruStudio™
Supports XFast USB, XFast LAN, Graphical UEFI
Supports On/Off Play, Instant Boot, Instant Flash, APP Charger, SmartView, Turbo UCC
- ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility (AXTU)
- ASRock Instant Boot
- ASRock Instant Flash
- ASRock APP Charger
- ASRock SmartView
- ASRock XFast USB
- ASRock On/Off Play Technology
- Hybrid Booster:
- CPU Frequency Stepless Control
- ASRock U-COP
- Boot Failure Guard (B.F.G.)
- Turbo UCC
- 1 x Power Switch with LED
- 1 x Reset Switch with LED
- 1 x Clear CMOS Switch with LED

run-dll

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011

Thanks bro but you give me the specs of a different MB... I was asking about my MSI MB it is not asrock and it is not am3+ but lga 1155

MSI has really turned it around in my opinion of late. They are right up there with Asus and Gigabyte as far quality of their boards goes. They are the big three as far as enthusiast boards go. ASRock is building a good reputation for their boards. Intel® boards had a good rep for being rock solid reliable but we are still working on building them for the enthusiast space and overclocking.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

run-dll

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011

yeah but is is not even sold around... I dont even count major vendors like newegg...

not even a new bios was released...

BTW, where did u buy it?

It sounds to me like a great board for $100.

run-dll

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011

I bought this in turkey... strangely in turkey some motherboards are sold which arent sold elsewhere... only sometimes in eastern european countries and russia.. this fact makes me get suspicious..

run-dll

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011

Yes...

I also really wanted to know if the PCIE 3.0 is really PCIE 3.0 or not... Even if yes will this Motherboard support truely ivy bridge and PCIE 3.0..

I want to switch to IB processor later.. due to lower power consumption

Manufacturers confirm

We spoke with a few motherboard manufactures and got word that the test version of Ivy Bridge they have works just fine in a few 60 series motherboards available today.

In order to run Ivy Bridge 22nm CPUs branded Core I 3000 series on Cougar Point chipset, you will need a new bios and drivers to make it happen, as well as M8 firmware. In that case Ivy bridge processors will work in H61, H67, P67 as well as Z68 boards.

Ivy Bridge won’t work in business edition Q65, Q67 and B65 chipsets as Intel hopes that business will buy complete platforms, not just upgrade CPUs.

Still, 70 series chipset codenamed Panther Point will be the first Intel chispet to offer native USB 3.0 support as well as PCI 3 gen for graphics enthusiasts as well as three display support. Our sources are telling us that Ivy Bridge looks fine, and that all should be ready for launch in March or April.

Even if u buy the greatest latest PC parts, it will be aged tomorrow.

Don't try to think that much ahead, u will never be satisfied that way. There is always something better tomorrow.

U got OK deal for $100 its Z68 full of the features. And as others are saying, MSI is close to the top with mobo quality.

Live with it. Or buy something more expensive and gain maybe nothing.

run-dll

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011

You make sense