## FIRST TIME ## Please tell me will all this work as a system??

dracx333

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
Hi,
please help me out.. past few days i've been trying to meet both ends of awesome gaming performance with a tight budget.
here's a few things i'm gonna buy and assemble into my gaming system.
please tell me if all of these work with each other??
also i'd be happy to get some recommendations if any..

my REQUIREMENTS: [ priority High to low]
HIGH PRIO### gaming.. upcoming awesome games like.. assassin creed 3, Diablo 3, fable3 , crysis2 .. n all those..
Mid PRIO## watching movies FULL HD 1920x1080 [here.. i can play games @ lower resolutions for better performance, but i'd really like to experience 1920x1080 gaming]
Low PRIO# Chatting , fb, orkut, music, .. etc.. and .. similar daily usage.

budget: As Low as possible [ :p who doesnt wanna save a few extra bucks]

So please help me build a system
FEATURES LOOKING FOR: DDR3 [obvsly for gaming] 1333Mhz or higher + SATA 3.0 [6gb/s] + USB 3.0

!!! IMP. !!! in any case whatsoever i'm NOT GONNA OVERCLOCK NOR GONNA CROSSFIRE !!!

Already own: Seagate 250GB sata2 HDD Baracuda.

Here's my build:
>>AMD PHENOM 955 125w c3 PIB [NON-BLACK EDITION]
>>GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 (rev. 2.2)
>>Logitech mk200 media combo [connected via usb 2.0]
>>Samsung B2330H 23" 1920x1080p HDMI HDCP [gonna connect to GFX card via DVI CABLE :p since it already comes bundled]

Q1>need a good Graphic card [looking @ Ati 5770 512mb]
Requirements: for gaming 1920x1080 + DIRECTX11 + HDMI [since my monitor's got it] + something better than the current 9400gt 1gb [lol cheap card :p]
i seriously do not need the 2dvi ports on gfx card since i'm not gonna go for 2 displays [ i hope a port less can save money]
also.. whats difference b/w a 512mb card n a 1gb 5770 card in terms of performance @ 1920x1080 since i not gonna CROSSFIRE
n .. whos the BEST MANUFACTURER .. lol there are so many.. sapphire, xfx, bla bla.. :| confused :( :(

Q2> please suggest how much watts PSU i need for the requirements above [please conside my MoBo it says.. 8+2 phase or something ]

Q3> which RAM do i put?? i really want that G-SKILL RIPJAW SERIES RAM .. but in memory support list of MoBo i cant find it :(
please help me with RAM .. need a RAM with heatsink :p looks awesome :)
is 1333MHz the max RAM [without OC] that i can put in my MoBo ??

Q4>please suggest me some nice DUAL LAYER [the 8.5GB or soemthing one] DVD writer from SAMSUNG/LG

## THANKS A TON!! PLEASE HELP ME OUT >> FIRST TIMER <<

Solution
You're going to need a stronger graphics card than a 5770 if those are the games you want to play (at native resolution, with high quality and at high framerates). A GTX 460, 6850, 6870, 5850 are probably the minimum requirements for high quality gaming at 1920x1080.
The manufacturer only matters if you care about warranties and/or customer support and the fan size/behaviour.

The power supply will depend on the graphics card, but a good 650W will cover almost any single card. Some popular options are the Antec Truepower New Modular TPN 650W 80Plus Bronze, XFX 650W XXX Edition 80Plus Bronze Modular. I don't usually recommend the Corsair TX-650 as it has lower efficiency than it's competitors and only enough connectors for one high end...
You're going to need a stronger graphics card than a 5770 if those are the games you want to play (at native resolution, with high quality and at high framerates). A GTX 460, 6850, 6870, 5850 are probably the minimum requirements for high quality gaming at 1920x1080.
The manufacturer only matters if you care about warranties and/or customer support and the fan size/behaviour.

The power supply will depend on the graphics card, but a good 650W will cover almost any single card. Some popular options are the Antec Truepower New Modular TPN 650W 80Plus Bronze, XFX 650W XXX Edition 80Plus Bronze Modular. I don't usually recommend the Corsair TX-650 as it has lower efficiency than it's competitors and only enough connectors for one high end card, but if you don't want to crossfire then it has enough for your needs.
However depending on your case you could also go for the Seasonic S12II Bronze 520/620 or Seasonic M12II Bronze 520/620. As they are very high quality, and very efficient at low loads, however they don't have the longest CPU connector cables tho (~54cm), so aren't suitable for really tall cases.
Recently I have also been suggesting the Xigmatek NRP-PC602 600W 80Plus Bronze power supply as it has good efficiency, long cables and is quite cheap for the high quality it possesses.

Don't worry about memory support lists, those lists only contain the memory modules that the motherboard manufacturer has actually tested, which is not all of them. You shouldn't have any problems running RAM at 1600MHz, but if you do then you can easily set it to run at 1333MHz.

Solution

dracx333

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
@silvune: heyy thanks a lot :) :)
but what about compatibility??
im going to run Windows7 64-bit
so are all these components compatible with each other??
m really concerned over the compatibility between MoBo/Ram and MoBo/GFx card.

Also.. do we get 955 and 965 in NON BLACK EDITION?? can you or some1 please post me the Product codes??
im looking for 955/965 PIB [the one that contains the HEAT SINK AND FAN by AMD]
are these even avaiable ??

I'll tell you when something isn't compatible ok. And so far there are none.

The 955 and 965 are Black Editions (no 'non Black Editions') and they come with a heatsink and fan. The closest you'll get to a non-Black Edition 955 is a 925 or 945.

Do you have an idea for what case you'd like to use or how much you're willing to spend on one?

As long as the motherboard supports DDR3, your RAM will be ok.

As long as the motherboard has a PCI-Express x16 2.0 slot, your GPU will be ok.

Windows has nothing to do with the compatibility of hardware.

A good case would be the Antec 300. It's only $50-60 and is a very solid steel case. The 300 Illusion is $10 more and you get 2 extra blue LED fans in front that pull air in over the hard drives.

dracx333

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
i just pushed up my budget a bit.. :p
naming a few CASES .. please lemme know whats best..
the guy here has just these 5

1>COOLERMASTER ELITE Elite 430 Black
(RC-430-KWN1)
http://www.coolermaster.in/product.php?product_id=6654&category_id=19

2>Centurion 5 II
(RC-502)
http://www.coolermaster.in/product.php?product_id=6640&category_id=19#

3>Antec 200
http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MjEyMQ==

4>Antec 200v2
http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MjM2NA==

5>Antec 300
http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MjQ=

is there any PC CASE thats in similar price range but has usb3.0 in front ports??
please :)

@boiler:thanx a lot... ^_^