HELP..IBM ERROR 0175: Bad CRC1, stop POST task

Hi
hopefully someone here can help me with my T20 lap top
When I power up I get an
ERROR 0175: Bad CRC1, stop POST task message and then nothing happens
I have to latest Bois update ready to load but the problem is none of the
drives will work as the whole system freezes .
I have searched everywhere for a solution dose any one here know what I can
do to get this thing running ..other than a new M/B or Laptop ..
Thanks in advance
P N
2 answers Last reply
More about help error 0175 crc1 stop post task

    On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 15:25:12 +0000, NEWS wrote:

    > Hi
    > hopefully someone here can help me with my T20 lap top When I power up I
    > get an
    > ERROR 0175: Bad CRC1, stop POST task message and then nothing happens I
    > have to latest Bois update ready to load but the problem is none of the
    > drives will work as the whole system freezes . I have searched
    > everywhere for a solution dose any one here know what I can do to get
    > this thing running ..other than a new M/B or Laptop .. Thanks in advance
    > P N

    Whilst googling for some thinkpad err codes earlier, I came across this
    site:

    http://www.ja.axxs.net/unlock

    It might help...

    --
    TimW

    Thanks Tim ..
    I had already checked that site but maybe I missed something ...
    According to the IBM customer rep , who's knowledge was limited to looking
    up information in his data base
    The fix is to up date the bios .. but my whole system freezes up even the
    keyboard but as I said I will keep looking
    for more info ... hopefully some one here will have had the same problem and
    found a fix
    Thanks Again ...

    "tiM" <timw1@dontspamvossnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 15:25:12 +0000, NEWS wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> hopefully someone here can help me with my T20 lap top When I power up I
    >> get an
    >> ERROR 0175: Bad CRC1, stop POST task message and then nothing happens I
    >> have to latest Bois update ready to load but the problem is none of the
    >> drives will work as the whole system freezes . I have searched
    >> everywhere for a solution dose any one here know what I can do to get
    >> this thing running ..other than a new M/B or Laptop .. Thanks in advance
    >> P N
    >
    > Whilst googling for some thinkpad err codes earlier, I came across this
    > site:
    >
    > http://www.ja.axxs.net/unlock
    >
    > It might help...
    >
    > --