Will processor burn if fan stop working

Not necessariy. Newer processors simply throttle and/or shutdown. I know because it happened on my Q6600 and it would shutdown within 30 seconds. It might burn if there's no heat sink or if it came loose, but I doubt that would happen under normal conditions.

Modern processors will simply throttle back their speed if they get too hot. Older processors particularly AMD processors will burn out. Please specify the processor part number. On some motherboards the computer will not boot if the CPU fan is not spinning.

pjmelect is probably right. Does it beep at all on boot? That might be a sign of it detecting the CPU fan is not spinning and shutting down. Or, some other component on the motherboard may have died and killed the whole computer and the dead CPU fan is just a side effect.

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

I guess you never have seen a burnt cpu?

DataHD

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
Dude that happened to my old computer...is it when you turn your computer on (by pressing that button to turn it on) it boots, but the monitor doesn't show anything...Try taping the cap lock n number lock in keyboard. If it lights up means something wrong with your monitor...if it doesn't mean something wrong with your processor(i think)...sometimes it cause your fan is too clogged up.

Are you sure your fan stopped? Cause sometimes it does what you said when its moving at a slow speed. Replace the fan if so...

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

1532040.jpg
i7burned.jpg

TRENDING THREADS