Cpu questions

Solution
Yes, your computer has to load your desktop. The more data that is stored on that desktop, the longer it takes to bring it all up.

One solution, is to take large folder (such as music), move them to a folder (such as My Documents), and make a shortcut on the desktop.
Yes, your computer has to load your desktop. The more data that is stored on that desktop, the longer it takes to bring it all up.

One solution, is to take large folder (such as music), move them to a folder (such as My Documents), and make a shortcut on the desktop.

Solution

Gingermeggs

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011

Dear Aford10.
A BIG thank you.

I have recently followed the floods in Queensland where I live and took photos and lots of Newspaper articals and yes noticed the "laptop" slowly run slower .. Yes you are right I had just been loading it straight onto Desktop .. so now I will take your advice and make another folder and load it into different sub folders.

One question, do the "shortcuts" take up much room as in my mind they must have a fair bit of info to allow the OS to find "stuff" but the directions to, wouldn't take up as much info as say a photo + where to find me ??

Thanks again aford for taking the time to help me out, and have a Great Day.
Don.