Please help me, EVGA 210 1GB DDR3 and i'm a noob

skavis

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
I am looking at the
EVGA GeForce 210 DDR3 http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=01G-P3-1312-LR&family=GeForce 200 Series Family&sw=

Now from what I understand, it's that it's not a great gaming card....??? That's what I've been reading. I really only want to play a couple games on my PC and not for long periods of time.

I have an ASUS p5e-VM HDMI motherboard and was wondering is my motherboard would explode if I put this card in. I have read in other forums that you can and can't add a video card and that blah blah blah..... I get lost about there and want to kill myself.
Oh I it will use the pci-e 1.1 not the pci-e 2 (motherboard will downgrade as its not 2.0 compatible)

I hope you can understand why i'm so lost.

I know NOTHING about videocards but 1gb ddr3 sounds pretty sweet and I can pick it up for $30!!!
However if I cant play any games and my motherboard wont handle it... I'm not going to buy it. Also I dont want to spend much because I wont play many games.

ANY help would be amazing!

wiinippongamer

Distinguished
Solution

skavis

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
It might explode because it hates me. I also like to assume the worst... then it's not always as bad as I thought when the bad actually happens.

I just bought an EVGA GeForce GT 240 550MHZ 1Gb 1.58GHZ DDR3 PCI-E VGA DVI-I HDMI Video Card

hope this will do the trick! (please let me know if i should cancel my order)

$70.00 on amazon. sounds good to me!

skavis

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
I did want to grab the 512 ddr5 because its cool. but I just installed the gt 240 and its sweet titty meat. I was playing at 1280x1024 on max setting and it was brilliant.

so I really dont need anything other than that. Games work and look great. Thats all I need.

Thanks for the help guys!