Best for pentium 4?

I know I know "don't upgrade pentium 4's!" but am curious to what the bast GPU to match it is? any ideas?
12 answers Last reply
More about best pentium
  1. Just buy the fastest AGP card you can afford... but your choices are going to be very limited...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007709%20600007850&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Order=PRICED&PageSize=20
  2. Does your motherboard have PCI-E or AGP slot for the video card?
    If you really want to buy a video card for that PC we must know what type of slot you have on your motherboard.
  3. Those are some great looking cards tho for an AGP...
  4. CsG_kieran_2 said:
    I know I know "don't upgrade pentium 4's!" but am curious to what the bast GPU to match it is? any ideas?

This whole Dont bother with a P4 is cobblers. Depends on what you are wanting?expecting out of it. For a base line i would say dont go above a HD 4670 performance wise or else you will start to be noticably restricted buy your CPU.

Mactronix :)
  5. ^ True, if you are still running a P4, you apparently don't need a whole lot. Would help to know what you have currently though, and what you are expecting.
  6. What games are you looking to play?
  7. Its the good old PCI-E :) and i would like to play games like fallout: NV
  8. i don't mind about DX11 so an older card with 10 is all good :) and GPU to the point were its just about bottle necked
  9. £120
  10. Radeon HD 5570,5670,5770?
    It is a single core,i think anything higher than a 5770 will bottleneck.
  11. What power supply do you have?
  12. Actually, it is anything above the 5570 or GT240! I have done quite a few tests! :lol:
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Pentium GPUs Graphics Product