Sign in with
Your question

Triple xfire + eyefinity

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 25, 2010 9:48:47 PM

So I've searched the internet top to bottom, and I can't find much that mentions anything about triple crossfire (yes 3 video cards) and how it scales with Eyefinity. Currently I've got 2x 5850's using Eyefinity and its all pretty great.

As the HD 6XXX series continues to emerge, the 58XX will continue to drop in price. If anyone can post any links or insight regarding triple xfire and eyefinity scaling that would be great. I'd imagine it would work, but its all up to drive optimization.

Oh and also, my system should be able to handle it. Asus p6t, i7 920, 6gb ddr3.

Thanks!!!

More about : triple xfire eyefinity

a b U Graphics card
November 26, 2010 10:57:15 AM

Haven't you seen the video for Quad 5970 in Xfire with a 24 Monitor Eyefinity Setup?
m
l
November 26, 2010 12:20:20 PM

- Well yes I have, and sure that looks great, but it was a demonstration by AMD, I was looking for a more practical example.
m
l
Related resources
December 2, 2010 3:05:32 PM

alyoshka said:
Haven't you seen the video for Quad 5970 in Xfire with a 24 Monitor Eyefinity Setup?

Yeah, I've seen a 3x 480 SLI 3D Vision Too - very relevant.

wfrantz: Check this (old post) there is a guy that had a 5850 CF x3 EF setup and got rid o fit. I'm not sure if this issue has been fixed with new driver releases. I'm looking into 5850 CF x3 EF myself since you can snatch them on ebay for as low as $160

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=262&th...
m
l
December 2, 2010 11:30:20 PM

adpth4 said:
Yeah, I've seen a 3x 480 SLI 3D Vision Too - very relevant.

wfrantz: Check this (old post) there is a guy that had a 5850 CF x3 EF setup and got rid o fit. I'm not sure if this issue has been fixed with new driver releases. I'm looking into 5850 CF x3 EF myself since you can snatch them on ebay for as low as $160

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=262&th...

hey thanks for reviving the thread. I saw that amd post as well. Right now things are going well with xfire 5850 and crossfire. Although the performance would seem to get better with a 3rd, it really all depends on the software... and right now it still may be overkill. Let me know if you take the plunge, I will too.

I've read other reviews where at single monitor resolutions of 2600x1200 or w/e triple 5870's gain about 50% performance over dual. So who knows perhaps it's something still worth looking at.
m
l
!