Media PC comonent needs

hursey77

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
What would you all say is the hierarchy of needs for a media pc? Ex, 1. processor (dual or quad?) 2. RAM 3. Video Card, etc. ? I am struggling to find something under $600 that has everything I THINK I need. It would help to narrow down my needs a bit. I would build my own but I do not have time to learn EVERYTHING and do the shopping and ordering.

mattius92

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010
600MediaPCHTPC.jpg

Here is a suggested build I put together, its $600 and it comes packed with power.

Triple core CPU, runs any media with no problems

HD 5570, runs HD video, rendering, photos, and even light gaming with no issues, plus it has an HDMI port for HD out.

Small case, perfect for an Home Theater/MEDIA PC.

Blu-ray drive, which you can drop for a DVD drive if you dont want to spend as much.

hursey77

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
Thanks. I would do something like this if I build my own but I may just buy a pre-made. I have no idea what to look for in motherbords other than needing a certian number of PCI, PCIX1, and one PCIX16. I am also unsyre of the minimum processor as opposed to what would be unneccessary/overkill. I will not be gaming on this machine though. It is strictly media and internet.