Sign in with
Your question

Annisman's Zotac GTX 480 AMP! Giveaway Showcase

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 25, 2010 11:47:49 PM

Hello everyone. I won a Zotac GTX 480 AMP! from Annisman a couple of weeks ago. I got it about a week ago and have been enjoying it ever since. To show everyone that Annisman is just as awesome as is claimed, I made this showcase thread.

Pictures of my rig:

Note that I am running an i5 750 at stock speeds. I am also using an Apple aluminum keyboard, which lacks a prt scn key, so I had to use the on screen one. Also note that the GTX 480 never went over 73C.

I came from 2 8800 GTS 512mbs in SLI, and the difference is astonishing. Since the theoretical performance difference shouldn't be nearly as great as what I am experiencing, I'm going to guess that the huge boost in performance and smoothness that I am seeing has to do with the upgrade in memory. I suppose that 512mb of GDDR3 just isn't enough anymore. I love this card and couldn't be happier with the performance I'm getting.

Thanks Annisman! You really are amazing for doing this.
November 26, 2010 1:13:57 AM

Hey thanks for showcasing it AMW!

I can't beleive I'm going to say this, but it almost looks kind of small in that case. Considering that it's a tri-slot card that's amazing.

Generally speaking, what gains have you gotten in games ? And yes, I would say that 512mb of ram on video cards will be on the way out in a year or two.
November 26, 2010 2:27:02 AM

Well its hard to give a real quantitative number without FRAPS recording, but the difference is complete smoothness with any and all titles maxed. Only Metro2033 doesn't run completely smooth, but runs damn close completely maxed out. To give you an idea, with my previous setup I could only run medium with a few high settings in Crysis at my resolution. Now I have it completely maxed out.

Yes my case is rather huge. :D 
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
November 26, 2010 8:34:57 AM

Glad to hear your enjoying the performance of your new GTX480! Looks great in that case (nice case BTW).

Off Topic: I tried to play metro 2033 on a single HD5850 @ 950/1200 yesturday, maxed except ADOF was turned off, Was a complete joke lol, Frame rate was between 12 and 25 most of the time. Made me feel sick.
November 26, 2010 3:06:54 PM

IMO, turn off ADOF, Tesselation, and keep the AA at the first level. But, still run in DX11 even if you don't use the DX11 features, you should then have playable frame rates.
November 26, 2010 5:18:54 PM

Rustyy117 said:
Glad to hear your enjoying the performance of your new GTX480! Looks great in that case (nice case BTW).

Off Topic: I tried to play metro 2033 on a single HD5850 @ 950/1200 yesturday, maxed except ADOF was turned off, Was a complete joke lol, Frame rate was between 12 and 25 most of the time. Made me feel sick.

Thanks. I've always believed in getting a quality chassis for your rig, but my wallet usually tells me to **** off. So I got a good price on this thing used. I almost got an RV02 for $90, but couldn't resist this one for $110+trade-in with an E6750. I recommend creeping eBay or the OCN for sales forums if you want a nice case in the future.

The only scene that gives me problems was the outdoors one in the very beginning, which completely raped my last setup, so if your judging by that then its flawed. Also, make sure to stay away from AA on Metro2033.
a b Î Nvidia
November 26, 2010 5:46:54 PM

AMW1011 said:
Thanks. I've always believed in getting a quality chassis for your rig, but my wallet usually tells me to f^&k off. So I got a good price on this thing used. I almost got an RV02 for $90, but couldn't resist this one for $110+trade-in with an E6750. I recommend creeping eBay or the OCN for sales forums if you want a nice case in the future.

The only scene that gives me problems was the outdoors one in the very beginning, which completely raped my last setup, so if your judging by that then its flawed. Also, make sure to stay away from AA on Metro2033.

Yeah Getting a good quality case is important and I feel its money well spent as you can use it for along time (doesn't need upgrading like a graphics card or CPU). I'm happy with my Obsidian 800D, although it did cost my a fortune : / (£210 + delivery)
Thanks for the OCN forum recommendation, I'll be sure to check it out :sol: 

In metro I was playing the bit where your on the cart riding through a metro tunnel and a few creepy monsters attack you and your friends (its near the start of the game). I only remember seeing AA options as AAA and MSAA x4, no option to have no AA, do you have to edit a .cfg file or something?

Anyway I'm hopefully going to be upgrading to a HD6970 or GTX580 soon, which I hope will tame metro (Sounds like your GTX480 handles it well).
November 26, 2010 6:48:31 PM

Ah the 800D, a great case. I had a Silverstone TJ07 before, but once my dreams of watercooling died completely, I decided to get another case and ended up with my FT02.

I believe AAA is the no AA setting, not sure. I just know that the other settings kills even my setup.
November 27, 2010 3:29:49 AM

Hey, I've got the 800D as well, upgraded from my Cosmos S case, which was about the same price, but nowhere near the quality of the 800D.
!