orlandmagic

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
I'm using a Sony Vaio VGN-P23G netbook while using a windows xp as my OS. Please advise which Autocad version can I install to my netbook. Thanks

Solution
Here are the system requirements for running Autocad: http://usa.autodesk.com/autocad/system-requirements/

Laptop displays are generally too small for any lengthy Autocad session. I prefer a 19" monitor (dual monitors will be so much better), and no less than 6 GBs of RAM (if not, regens will be slow).

Laptops are ok to do short reviews of Autocad designs, but not for doing the designs themselves.

ram1009

Distinguished

I doubt any netbook will have sufficient resources to run a modern CAD program but I will be interested to see if you succeed. Have you compared the system requirements of Autocan to the specs of your netbook?

Here are the system requirements for running Autocad: http://usa.autodesk.com/autocad/system-requirements/

Laptop displays are generally too small for any lengthy Autocad session. I prefer a 19" monitor (dual monitors will be so much better), and no less than 6 GBs of RAM (if not, regens will be slow).

Laptops are ok to do short reviews of Autocad designs, but not for doing the designs themselves.

Solution

cobra11

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2007
also to add, cad on 32 bit?, i mean heck the screen is way to small already, if i was runnin cad i would be on 64 bit with at least 6 like ubrales said, if even 4.., ive had to do stuff in cad at school a couple years ago, and we had 1gb or ram on the machines...not somthin that was really do able, the machines where always hanging and crashing, so we had to restart them at least every class period... so it would speed back up

orlandmagic

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011

THANKS FOR THE REPLY. AT LEAST I WILL STOP INSTALLING ANY VERSION OF THIS PROGRAM TO MY NETBOOK. GOD BLESS!!!

orlandmagic

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY AND CONCERN, HOPE YOU WILL ANSWER OTHER QUERIES POSTED IN THIS SITE TO HELP OTHER MEMBERS LIKE ME. MORE POWER BOSS !!!

orlandmagic

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011

THANKS FOR THE REPLY, IT GIVES ME AN IDEA WHY THIS PROGRAM IS NOT RESPONDING TO MY NETBOOK AND TO THE OTHER UNITS AS WELL. GREAT HELP!!!