Can my motherboard use dual slot graphics cards

ilikeapples

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Hey guys, i bought a pre-built pc afew months ago (an advent dt1308) and I wanna upgrade the graphics card to a geforce gtx 560 or something along those lines. The graphics card the motherboard has in it the moment is single slot (its a gt 530) so i was wondering if a dual slot graphics card would fit in it?

P.S the motherboard i have is a ms-7728
P.S P.S If you haven't already guessed im a complete noob with this sort of thing so sorry if the answer is extremely obvious:D!

a4mula

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Assuming the dual-slot pcb won't block any important connections, yes. The only difference between a single slot and dual slot card is their size. Just make sure your SATA ports or USB headers won't be blocked and you should be good to go.

Now, the real question you should be asking is if your psu can handle it.

ilikeapples

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Thnx for the fast reply, for the graphics card i want my PSU should be enough from the research i have done, i'll have another look in my case to make sure the card will not block any connections, thnx this helped alot!

jose56wonton

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

Hi i was just wondering if this graphics card(XFX HD-685X-ZCFC Radeon HD 6850) will fit into this motherboard(GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2P AMD 760), and also how can you know which side the dual slot will go on. I'm also a nooob