Perhaps I oversee something obvious, but I have this problem:

I want to sim a battle in diplomat and I want to use ships of bird design as
a scavenger.
The game I sim this for has alien hulls fight *normally*.

Diplomat (and master) use: 'alien hulls fight poorly' by standart.

How can I make diplomat use another hconfig setting?

----------
Before anybody writes that Icould sim this with the hulls belonging to
birds: I want to use the scav sw bonus and, more importantly, scav hull that
are allied.
(And I cannot have them all priv owned, due to the SW bonus)

And, no, scavs have alien hulls fight poorly if that is the hconfig setting,
*although* they have a native hacker droid (that they do not need to *find*
first).
---------

Thanks!

Lordfire

Take the *.fig file from a game created with master.exe (or some other game
you host) edit it to you wishes (with notepad.exe) and copy it to you
Diplomat "sim" directory (it is the directory where Diplomat run the host
in. For me it is called "sim". If you want to run 10 host I beleve you need
to copy it to each of those "sim1" to "sim10" directory). Then rename it
"sim.fig" and you have it.

Greetings
Sebastian

"Lordfire" <a@b.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Perhaps I oversee something obvious, but I have this problem:
>
> I want to sim a battle in diplomat and I want to use ships of bird design
> as a scavenger.
> The game I sim this for has alien hulls fight *normally*.
>
> Diplomat (and master) use: 'alien hulls fight poorly' by standart.
>
> How can I make diplomat use another hconfig setting?
>
> ----------
> Before anybody writes that Icould sim this with the hulls belonging to
> birds: I want to use the scav sw bonus and, more importantly, scav hull
> that are allied.
> (And I cannot have them all priv owned, due to the SW bonus)
>
> And, no, scavs have alien hulls fight poorly if that is the hconfig
> setting, *although* they have a native hacker droid (that they do not need
> to *find* first).
> ---------
>
> Thanks!
>
> Lordfire

Thanks!

Lordfire

Sebastian <Sebastian@nospam.nospam> writes
>Take the *.fig file from a game created with master.exe (or some other game
>you host) edit it to you wishes (with notepad.exe) and copy it to you
>Diplomat "sim" directory (it is the directory where Diplomat run the host
>in. For me it is called "sim". If you want to run 10 host I beleve you need
>to copy it to each of those "sim1" to "sim10" directory). Then rename it
>"sim.fig" and you have it.

Heck, *I* didn't know that. Thanks!
--
Paul Honigmann

Be shure to remove the sim.fig file when finished your sims. Otherwise you
might wonder some day that all your fights are misscalculated:eek:) Cause these
Host settings will be used on EVERY sim that you do.

Perhaps one can add this text-file editing to Diplomat (e.g. mage nice gui)?
Should not be so difficult to programm, shuldn´t it?

Greeetings
Sebastian

"KlingonKommand" <Paul@nurk.fnord> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Sebastian <Sebastian@nospam.nospam> writes
>>Take the *.fig file from a game created with master.exe (or some other
>>game
>>you host) edit it to you wishes (with notepad.exe) and copy it to you
>>Diplomat "sim" directory (it is the directory where Diplomat run the host
>>in. For me it is called "sim". If you want to run 10 host I beleve you
>>need
>>to copy it to each of those "sim1" to "sim10" directory). Then rename it
>>"sim.fig" and you have it.
>
> Heck, *I* didn't know that. Thanks!
> --
> Paul Honigmann

would be great: definitely!!

> Be shure to remove the sim.fig file when finished your sims. Otherwise you
> might wonder some day that all your fights are misscalculated:eek:) Cause
> these Host settings will be used on EVERY sim that you do.
>
> Perhaps one can add this text-file editing to Diplomat (e.g. mage nice
> gui)? Should not be so difficult to programm, shuldn´t it?
>
> Greeetings
> Sebastian
>

> "KlingonKommand" <Paul@nurk.fnord> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Sebastian <Sebastian@nospam.nospam> writes
>>>Take the *.fig file from a game created with master.exe (or some other
>>>game
>>>you host) edit it to you wishes (with notepad.exe) and copy it to you
>>>Diplomat "sim" directory (it is the directory where Diplomat run the host
>>>in. For me it is called "sim". If you want to run 10 host I beleve you
>>>need
>>>to copy it to each of those "sim1" to "sim10" directory). Then rename it
>>>"sim.fig" and you have it.
>>
>> Heck, *I* didn't know that. Thanks!
>> --
>> Paul Honigmann