A great sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi! everyone,
I want to buy a best sound card for my gaming need with in the $200 to 300 budget.Is ASUS essence stx is a great deal if not please suggest best.

Solution

I have owned numerous soundcards over the years since the Sound Blaster Live! (Original).
I switched to Auzentech a couple of years ago and they offer great performance and value.
I currently run a Forte and an X-Plosion and a couple of Audigy 2's.
Yes of course the Forte has FP support it also has the Creative 20K2 audio chip.
Same as Creative's most expensive soundcard without the crappy driver support.
Just like the X-Plosion has the C-Media CMI8770 chip which HT Omega uses in the Striker except i paid half the price the Striker cost.
http://www.auzentech.com/site/company/reviews-pg100cat107.php
^^ The Forte is a very good card, but the ASUS Essence ST/STX is a notch above. Just remember that the STX is RCA Stereo out only unless connected with the H6 "daughter" card. I'd also put the HT Omega Claro XT on the same level as the STX.

Still, what card you want depends on a lot on your primary use. Stereo or surround? Speaker or headphones? Music, movies, or gaming? Cards are tuned differently, and some excell in one or two areas, where others are more well rounded.

I agree the ASUS Essence line is a notch above for music and movies.
However the Forte is a notch above for gaming which is the question the OP asked.
For roughly $145 it's the best well -rounded souncard available imo.
If you want an excellent gaming card the FORTE is it.
Hardware based and excels at OpenAL unlike the Asus GX2 which offers a mixed bag of performance with it's emulation based gaming software.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/asus-xonar-xense-71-soundcard-review/7
The Forte is so much better for gaming.

G

Really Forte better than stx but specification tells something else.It's S/N is less,frequency response and is it support Windows 7?

If your main focus is gaming the Forte is the better card and it also features a dedicated headphone amp and is Windows 7 ready.
I have one cost me $130 taxes included.
The STX is no different then the Xense for gaming it still uses software.
Don't take my word for it though it's your money.
I'm sure the Asus is well over $100 more.
I'd use the extra money for better speakers or headphones.

G

Is it support front panel devices?
According to you, it's a best deal so may i own it.

I have owned numerous soundcards over the years since the Sound Blaster Live! (Original).
I switched to Auzentech a couple of years ago and they offer great performance and value.
I currently run a Forte and an X-Plosion and a couple of Audigy 2's.
Yes of course the Forte has FP support it also has the Creative 20K2 audio chip.
Same as Creative's most expensive soundcard without the crappy driver support.
Just like the X-Plosion has the C-Media CMI8770 chip which HT Omega uses in the Striker except i paid half the price the Striker cost.
http://www.auzentech.com/site/company/reviews-pg100cat107.php

Solution
G

Hey! what is striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.