Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

COD4,5,6,7

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 26, 2010 3:45:57 PM

Hi all,
I have upgraded my system expect gpu.
What would be the best card for cod's
I have
i5 760
4 gb 2000+
P55 mobo
Screen : 1680 x 1050
PSU : aOpen AX 500 watt

So for those compenents what would be a great card? GTX 460 ? 5770 ? 6850 ?

More about : cod4

a b U Graphics card
November 26, 2010 3:58:41 PM

Well COD isn't really demanding so any of these cards will be able to rip through the game. So really this is how much you want to spend on the card, it also depending if you want to overclock, that's where most of the 460 and 6850 potential is
November 26, 2010 4:00:33 PM

Are you referring to call of duty?Or a computational theory?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 26, 2010 4:00:56 PM

coder5555 said:
Hi all,
I have upgraded my system expect gpu.
What would be the best card for cod's
I have
i5 760
4 gb 2000+
P55 mobo
Screen : 1680 x 1050
PSU : aOpen AX 500 watt

So for those compenents what would be a great card? GTX 460 ? 5770 ? 6850 ?


You are a little limited with that 500W PSU, the 5770 is not as good but would be a bit safer with that PSU.

The HD 6850 would be great choice, but you will be a bit tight with only 500W and not good brand is well.

So if you can get the 6850 for now and then after that buy better PSU. Somethink like 650W or better for crossfire in future - 750W

November 26, 2010 4:19:51 PM

jonnyboyC said:
Well COD isn't really demanding so any of these cards will be able to rip through the game. So really this is how much you want to spend on the card, it also depending if you want to overclock, that's where most of the 460 and 6850 potential is

I have enough I like the gtx 460, I'd did a watt calc and it said I needed 483 watts
November 26, 2010 4:23:17 PM

coder5555 said:
I have enough I like the gtx 460, I'd did a watt calc and it said I needed 483 watts


Well i didnt say 500W isnt enough but the thing is that the brand is not good wich means it says its 500W but it could accualy give only 400W.

But to be at the save side OCZ or CORSAIR (600W) would be the way to go.
a b U Graphics card
November 26, 2010 5:33:53 PM

Go for a corsair 500w builder edition PSU. It is cheap and good for your build. Go for the hd6850. :D 
!