Your question

What is the most economical computer currently

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Components
Last response: in Components
April 22, 2011 4:45:40 PM

Hello,
Currently I have a computer that is 11 years old. It works fine but it is being passed up with seemingly newer, updated requirements. What would you recommend that I purchase right now in order to get another decade worth of efficient usage? I have fairly low demands in terms of my computer usage, meaning I don't use computers for hi-tech games that take up a lot of memory...

More about : economical computer

April 22, 2011 6:49:43 PM

If, as you say, your demands are low, you need do nothing. In order to update your knowledge and awareness of today's computers, you need to look around in the local computer stores. Like MicroCeneter, CompUSA, Fry's, etc. See what is available and the capabilities. Then do some reading online. This will help you determine what your needs are and how best they will be served.
m
l
April 22, 2011 6:53:05 PM

Really any low-end PC will run well now, and be pretty speedy. Just stay away from Atom, low voltage stuff.

Dell, HP, etc... they are all more or less the same thing at the low end. A good long range PC not for use with games would be in the 450-500 range with monitor.
m
l
April 22, 2011 6:56:37 PM

mkwhln said:
Hello,
Currently I have a computer that is 11 years old. It works fine but it is being passed up with seemingly newer, updated requirements. What would you recommend that I purchase right now in order to get another decade worth of efficient usage? I have fairly low demands in terms of my computer usage, meaning I don't use computers for hi-tech games that take up a lot of memory...

The timeline you are asking for is not really a rational comment..Windows 8 has been rumored to come out.Ivy bridge with its 20percent gain in performance would come early next year.I think 10 years is too long.Maybe 4 years is great for a system.
m
l
!