Help with network connection for siemens fujitsu 7600 amilo

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
March 8, 2005 8:07:50 PM

Hi, my Amilo 7600 lost its network connection setup to the internet
(LAN set up). I tried to make new connections but this didnt work. In
the device manager I have an exclamation mark for "pci simple
communication controller" and also for the "10/100 ethernet adapter".
I've tried to install the default drivers again, but I dont get rid of
the exclamationmarks, hence no network connection. I've tried to
update the drivers manually but nothing works. I'd be very grateful if
any of you have any idea what caused this and how to fix this! I'm
running Windows XP Home, english edition. I've tried the ISP network
connection with other computers and it seems to work fine.

Any input welcome. Thanks in advance.

BR /Olle
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 11, 2005 9:50:22 PM

>Hi, my Amilo 7600 lost its network connection setup to the internet
>(LAN set up). I tried to make new connections but this didnt work. In
>the device manager I have an exclamation mark for "pci simple
>communication controller" and also for the "10/100 ethernet adapter".
>I've tried to install the default drivers again, but I dont get rid of
>the exclamationmarks, hence no network connection. I've tried to
>update the drivers manually but nothing works. I'd be very grateful if
>any of you have any idea what caused this and how to fix this! I'm
>running Windows XP Home, english edition. I've tried the ISP network
>connection with other computers and it seems to work fine.
>
>Any input welcome. Thanks in advance.
>
>BR /Olle

Remove the device(not disable)in Device Manager and reboot.
It started using the wrong driver which is from a defect in Windows.
!