Relatively new to building PC's, my last one was 3 years ago (which is ages ago in my terms), so I would certainly appreciate any helpful feedback on my latest wishlist. I have the budget set for just under $1100, which is a pretty big sticking point for me. Otherwise, please take a look and give me any feedback as to whether or not it will work/better alternatives/etc.
1. Everybody knows that Intel LAN is superior to the Realtek solution in every way (speed, latency and stability) and no other mobo manufacturer offers it at this price point making it a compelling choice. Aside from the fact that nobody said anything about WoW, there is more to ethernet and the WWW that would benefit than on-line games.
2. RAM wise, Low latency is much more important than frequency. CAS 6 or 7 1333MHz RAM will perform noticably better than CAS 9 1600+MHz .
3. Also, nobody asked this fella if he knew how to or was going to overclock his CPU. If not, there is no reason to get the K version SB proc and he could save a few bucks there instead.
1. It isn't worth it The only reason it would even be considered is to play online games and since WoW is one of the most popular online games I was saying that if he did play WoW it wouldn't benefit too much
2. I know, the only reason I suggested the v boost to 1600 was because it proves these kits are the same, personally I would keep the kit at stock maybe pump in 1.6v and go for cas 8
3. I was assuming since he chose the K that he wants the option of overclocking available.