attack range extension thought experiment --beta--

I wonder what would happen if I filled my space with assault pods/ small
wings every 5ly?

Would they all get drawn into one big fight if one fight occured anywhere?
Could anyone think of a use for this ;-) [thinking of a possibly very large
automatic and instant intercept range]

Or would just the objects within 5ly of the fight get drawn into the fight?
[I know that bases get drawn into fights if a ship 5ly or less away is
attacked. If so then there is fighting above the planet. If so then a
different object that is 5ly away from the planet to the other side could be
drawn into the fight. ... right?]

MCD

For every vcr combat a center point is determined by the host.
Exactly how this is done I do not know or will not say.
But then everything within 5 lys of the battle center point is
drawn into that particular combat vcr.
Thus you can not string 2 objects more than 10 lys apart into the same
vcr.

minime-hammer wrote:
> For every vcr combat a center point is determined by the host.
> Exactly how this is done I do not know or will not say.
> But then everything within 5 lys of the battle center point is
> drawn into that particular combat vcr.
> Thus you can not string 2 objects more than 10 lys apart into the
same
> vcr.

So then, if two players both distributed say, 20 units randomly around
a 20 ly diameter circle, you'd see lots of little battles with
different combinations of the same ships, assuming they survived long
enough to be drawn into a second battle.

It would be very difficult to set this up as you describe, because
ships initiate combat
as soon as they come into range after phase 50.
You would have to start with 2 race friendly to each other all ships at
the same
location then make them enemy and spread them about so all ships reach
their position before phase 50 then watch all the odd little fights as
you describe it.

But that is how it would come out in the end then yes.

correction