Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia Optimus HDMI Problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 27, 2010 1:54:25 AM

I have been unable to connect my laptop to my 50 inch plasma TV. The laptop detects it as "PANASONIC TV" and I am able to change resolution of it etc, however, the TV still remains without any signal.

I have tried updating the drivers and it still does not work. I suspect it may have something to do with not having the key combination to switch to my TV. As the HDMI port appears to be a part of the NVIDIA 425M, the usual key combination of fn + f8 does not work as I think it is tries to switch monitors on the Intel GMA instead (only shows LCD screen) though I am not sure.

I have tried the rigorous display detection inside the Nvidia Control Panel to try and force the display but it is still blank.

This works with my sister's laptop and with my PS3 but for some reason, not my laptop.

Thanks in advance for any help.
November 28, 2010 9:31:08 AM

Nvidia sees one of the monitors (My TV), however when I identify the display, the laptop screen identifies with "1" (same number as the TV on the control panel). Any suggestions? 0.o
m
l
January 11, 2012 9:46:27 AM

steovannie said:
Nvidia sees one of the monitors (My TV), however when I identify the display, the laptop screen identifies with "1" (same number as the TV on the control panel). Any suggestions? 0.o

Hello, did you solved this problem? I'm having the same issue...

Regards,
m
l
Related resources
January 11, 2012 9:51:42 AM

Ah yes. It turns out a new cable did the trick. Odd, as the cable works for other devices.
m
l
January 11, 2012 10:08:14 AM

steovannie said:
Ah yes. It turns out a new cable did the trick. Odd, as the cable works for other devices.

ThankĀ“s! Will try a new (and better) cable.

Regards!
m
l
!