Need CPU cooler or a hsf for LGA 1155 socket

himanshuas2711

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011
Helo guyz .. help me suggesting a nice cpu cooler for lga 1155 socket.. actually i want to go with cooler master hyper n620 .... if you have other suggestions then please post ....

Components affecting the choice of cpu cooler or a hsf are understated ..

1. Gigabyte GAP67 Ud4 Motherboard
2. Nzxt Phantom Case 222(w) , 540(h), 623(d)

So guyz please make suggestions with the above listed components in your mind so that i can easily put the cooler on my mobo and decently close my case.. :D

thanks in advance.. :D :D

If you're going for a mid-level overclock of around 4.5GHz, then go with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus. If you're going for an extreme overclock of 5.0GHz+ then I suggest something more like:

Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B
Noctua NH-D14
Thermalright Silver Arrow

...or other such "big air" coolers.

Noworldorder

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011

I would. The N620 has great ratings - slightly better than a Scythe Mugen 2 - and that's saying something!

himanshuas2711

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011
THATS the only thing itching me all the time... i am too confused if that cooler will fit in my case.. actually i know this is kind of stupid question as Nzxt phantom is a full tower case.. it is my very first build.. but still just to satisfy me ... what is your answer ..??

will that cooler fit in my case..?

Get a tape measure and find out.
I honestly don't know when you factor in the side fan.
You case is fairly wide 8.74" minus whatever thickness the fan is and leave some for right side panel and mobo standoff.
Or simply peruse Newegg feedback to see what other guys are using successfully.
Chances are if they have other 160mm tall coolers it will fit.

Noworldorder

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
This is the salient point; manufacturers want to sell product, and have already made sure it will fit 90% of their market. On faith (or common-sense) I am certain it will fit a mid-tower, so it certainly will fit a full.

himanshuas2711

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011
Guys here it is... the dimensions of hyper n620 and phantom ..

Phantom - 222 x 540 X 623 mm
Hyper n620 - 140.8 x 96.4 x 160.7 mm ( L x W x H )

I saw this hsf mounted in CM 690 II which has dimensions 214.5 x 511.8 x 528.8 mm
I think there will not be any problem mounting this hsf in phantom.. ?? :|

G

Check it out:
Corsair H70 good performer with good price.
I'm completely satisfied with H70 in my 1366 socket.
If not go with Davcon

himanshuas2711

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011
Corsair H70 ?? i think thats a water cooling product .. is it??

@Davcon thanks Bro.. initially i thought of getting a 200 mm fan .. but now i wont be spending anymore on it..

Thanks once again.. :D :D

himanshuas2711

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011
well.. my config is listed below .. ..... and will be placing the order today.. if any final suggestions or upgrades ... please mention ..

Motherboard - Gigabyte Ga-P67UD4 B3
Processor - Intel i5 2500k
Graphic Card - Msi GTX 560 Ti TwinFrozerII/OC
Memory - Gskill Ripjaws-X F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
Chassis - Nzxt Phantom
HSF - Cooler Master Hyper n620
Display - Benq G2222 22' LED
PSU - Corsair GS800
HDD - Western Digital 1TB Green - WD10Ears

Additionally i am using CoolerMaster Megaflow 200mm for my cabinet's top fan slot.

G

I think why not you get a asus's motherboard
check there mobos on site asus.com.I'm sure sandybridge processor's mobo. of asus's kills gigabyte's.
instead of msi vendor you may buy sapphire or asus,in performance as well as cooling because i'm not happy with msi cooling.
check kihgston hyper X h20 and corsair's dominator gt memory really superb.
Why a Nzxt phantom, i don't abut it plaes give me a link to check it out,I think you go for thermaltake's Aromor series
Display i'm completely happy with alienware with great performace i think nothing is batter than this special for gaming.
HSF?
PSU is good
Why not you buy a SSD if not,atleast you must buy a velociRaptor(600) for booting and os.

himanshuas2711

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011
actually i am limited to a budget of 1800$ and in my region(India) all these stuff is somehow more costly than that in US, UK ... hence i have no choice but to go with the above listed config ....

Msi Gtx 560 Ti ... I found it a superb overclocker on Bit-Tech.net ... the ratings were good and so were the benchmarks... . reaching almost to the performance of a GTX 570 after being overclocked...

Gskill because.... they are having kinda funky look.. :p i am not so damn sure about the performance difference but as stated here and even on bit-tech .. .. the Price to performance ratio was good.. :D

Nzxt Phantom... as you know... i like funky things.. and it has a nice airflow as well.. and the mind ******* thing is that.. i will have to pay additional charges to order a Thermaltake or a Bitfenix :( Only Coolermaster, Antec, Corsair, Iball, Silvertone and other such as Nzxt and few are available on demand.. :(

hsf means heat sink fan.. CpU Cooler..
and thanks for the suggestion for harddisk.. :D :D i will update it.. :D

krautstomp

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
I used the phantom for my first build. From what i have read you can't use any fan but an NZXT fan in the case. I use a CM Hyper N520 with the NZXT side fan installed and it fits without a problem.

G

Hey! i'm also from india.please mention your budget in Rs (its about 80,000-90,000).Suggested things for you is available in india if you want pay slightly more.I think you get much better than your configuration in this budget.I suggest you a Retailor.Please mention your city.

himanshuas2711

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011
@krautstomp okay.. okay.... so are you using your side panel 200 mm fan too ?? with that n520?? how is the performance and you cpu temp.? please mention your cpu as well..

@vishal i am from Jaipur Rajasthan and my pc max budget is 80000, i am taking all these stuff from different online stores.. mainly lynx-india and smcinternational

if you are intrested in suggesting something then please go ahead.. :D

G

Why not get your rig directly from smc international Delhi,because i also buy my all gadget from smc international my friend is work here 'Gurmeet singh'.

himanshuas2711

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011
nearly my whole rig is from smc international .... only nzxt phantom is what i am getting from lynx-india :D the order has been placed.. lets see when does it comes.. :D :D

Thank you guys ... i heartly thanks for your advice.. :D :)

Well i'm glad we got that out of the way!
Wish i had known you didn't have the 200mm fan lol!
Enjoy your new rig M8 :)