Sign in with
Your question

Call of Duty: Black ops

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a c 214 U Graphics card
November 27, 2010 2:34:04 AM

Was wondering if anyone played it?And if anyone had any fixes for random crashes?While i'm in the game no matter what level, i get random crashing.It never crashed before the patches came out 2 weeks ago.
I have a Phenom ii x4 965 and a Radeon 5570 with 4g DDR3 Ram.Windows 7-64bit

More about : call duty black ops

November 27, 2010 3:07:37 AM

purple stank said:
Was wondering if anyone played it?And if anyone had any fixes for random crashes?While i'm in the game no matter what level, i get random crashing.It never crashed before the patches came out 2 weeks ago.
I have a Phenom ii x4 965 and a Radeon 5570 with 4g DDR3 Ram.Windows 7-64bit

i installed it about a week ago and i still cant play it. :(  cant get through the movie before the mission(operation40 or somethin' like that) it freezes and i need to restart my computer before i can play other games
m
l
a c 214 U Graphics card
November 27, 2010 3:47:29 AM

Sometimes mine freezes and i control+alt+del,and if i click on the game it still plays,other times i do the same thing but it says i have to close it.
m
l
Related resources
December 1, 2010 3:59:17 AM

Meowskie said:
i installed it about a week ago and i still cant play it. :(  cant get through the movie before the mission(operation40 or somethin' like that) it freezes and i need to restart my computer before i can play other games

Same here. Haven't got past the intro.
m
l
a c 189 U Graphics card
December 1, 2010 5:58:21 AM

Well, I've finished it a couple of days ago...
The game is not too good, lags/micro stuttering everywhere.
I heard the patch is not solve the problem, you'll better not patched it at all.

As reference, you can read my thread about this game:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tom...
m
l
December 1, 2010 7:08:03 AM

Meowskie said:

It is true that when the game goes into the section before the mission it needs more GPU power. That is a bit odd because while playing you can play smoothly without having high end configuration. For instance i get 70-80 fps in game and when it goes to the videos between mission i get an fps drop to 40-50. That happens with an i5-750 and a GTX 460. It would help if you post your configuration. As a solution i dont know whether you can skip the videos, only at some point you can click and skip or hold spacebar and skip.
m
l
!