My directx is crashing(?)

Meowskie

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
goodday experts, i just wanna ask about the issues on some of my games. it seems like my directx crashes all of a sudden when i play certain games like(street fighter4, prototype, and nba2k11 though my nba2k11 works fine before but now its crashing at the middle of the game)

but if i play my other installed games, and its demanding more graphical requirements. like starcraft2 in high mode, COD: MW2 in all max settings, Assassin's Creed all max settings. company of heroes all max settings. etc... they never crash unlike the games i've mentioned at the top.

and when it crashes. i cant play games anymore, even DOTA. it says something like. "you need DirectX 8.1 or higher blah blah" although i have 9.0c installed. i still need to restart my computer before i can play games again. :(

is it really about my directx? i tried to reinstall a 9.0c directx but it doesn't help either.

ooh and another thing. i still use a CRT monitor, i use 1152x864 as the screen resolution but my cousin is telling me to use 1024x768 instead. but i just ignore it and stay with 1152x864. my FPS is always 60hz in all my games. my VCARD is ATI Radeon 5670 HD 1gb, and my cpu is AMD II x2 3.0ghz.

pls help guys :( thanks in advance.

DIbya

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
I am having the same problem with prototype too.. It gets crashes after playing around a hour.. With a showing some directx dll as an error.. Any help??