Boot failure - x58 extreme - code 75

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerry410

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
Hello all, I recently started having the following problem. I have a Corsair 115 GB SSD for my OS on an Asrock x58 extreme motherboard. Yesterday, while playing COD I got a BSOD. I didn’t read it thinking it was referencing my video driver how ever it was more severe.
I can’t get windows to load now. The boot codes displayed on the mobo stops at code 75.
Which is ” 75 – initialize Int-13 and prepare for IPL detection.” Quote from the mobo manual.
I am able to access the bios menu and I suspect it is either the mobo or the ssd that has the problem, but I'm leaning toward the ssd. The reason being I switched the SSD with OS and the Hard disk storage drive and the CD rom drive to all the ports and the ssd with the OS is the only one not detected anywhere in the bios boot screen. Not windows which does not boot up.
The bios menu detects the ram, cpu and mobo temps, CPU, etc correctly but no ssd. I would appreciate any advise you folks could offer me. Thanks all.

Solution
Hmm...did you check that all your drives (SSD, HDD, and ODD) all have power and are indeed properly connected? IMO - re-seat both the SATA power and SATA cables and see if that correct the problem; i.e, both ends.

Next, if using or changing to AHCI then run 'Fix It' - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976

If the drive(s) continue to disappear then try them on another PC. Sure there's a chance the SSD is dying, way back some Corsair Force 3, as I remember, were recalled. Futher, when on a different PC IMO update the SSD's firmware.
Hmm...did you check that all your drives (SSD, HDD, and ODD) all have power and are indeed properly connected? IMO - re-seat both the SATA power and SATA cables and see if that correct the problem; i.e, both ends.

Next, if using or changing to AHCI then run 'Fix It' - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976

If the drive(s) continue to disappear then try them on another PC. Sure there's a chance the SSD is dying, way back some Corsair Force 3, as I remember, were recalled. Futher, when on a different PC IMO update the SSD's firmware.

Solution

gerry410

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
You guys need to check the dates on the post before you reply. This was 3 months ago. LOL

Thanks anyway though. Anyway it turned out to be the SSD. Did an RMA to Corsair. All is well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.