Loud beeping noise comming from pc

madmax51

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
the other night, my pc started beeping really loudly while it was running, i had been playing all day and it just hapenned all of a sudden, it was a constant 1 second long high pitch beep repeating itself forever. I first thought it was a cpu overheat warning but a could not find a match in the beep code for my mobo (m4a78t-e) and i then realized my mobo didint have a speaker plugged from the front panel. Then i thought it might be my HDD having a problem of "head stuck to platter" but i dont think itwouldbe that ear deftningly loud. Oh and BTW my pc was running perfectly durring the problem no slowing down or anything not performance drop of any kind and a played all day today without incident. PLZ HELP i really have no idea what this could be

rishiy6k

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
i suggest you to remove all external components connected, open the system side panel and check for the noise - if its high pitched screeching noise it could be the power supply or the motherboard, if its kind of clicking noise its defintely the ODD or the HDD

madmax51

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011

K THANKS
it definitly was not a clicking noise but as i said my motherboard has no internal speakers so im just wondering what could be making such a noise on the mobo (btw pressing the reset switch during the event didint stop the warning)

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
Can you isolate which device its coming from or confirm its the hard drive? As in pull the hard drive out and attach it to the cables outside of your PC and turn it on so you could confirm 100% this is making the noise.

Ohh and your motherboard does not have a speaker on it but you do have a system speaker pin out on your motherboard, Your computer case may have the speaker which is installed and attached which would then be making the noise. Many times the long repeating beep has to do with Memory but its odd that your machine would continue to run if you were getting a motherboard Beep Code which makes me think its something else.

madmax51

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
almost a week without further incident but next time ill stick my head in there and isolate the problem 8D. and my case is a HAF 932 which dosent have a speaker they give it to you as a seperate part to plug in your mobo but i lost it....

TRENDING THREADS