Home build computer bsod problems

daath144

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011
Mind January 26, 2011 at 01:28:55 Pacific

Windows 7 32bit.

PSU: MIST, 800W, detachable cables
Japanese capacitors, cable kit included (Norwegian brand)

processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition
Quad Core, 3,5Ghz, AM3, 6MB, 125W, Boxed

Mobo: ASUS M4A88TD EVO/USB3-V, Socket AM3
AMD 880G + SB850, SATA 6Gb / s, USB3.0, DDR3

Ram: DDR3 4GB Mushkin Black Line Black FB
2x2048MB PC3-12800 1600MHz. (9.9.9.27)

Computer case: Cooler Master CM 690 Advanced II

And ati radeon 2900 hd pro.

Now is probably my 4th time with fresh install. Every single time after i turn of the computer and go to bed for 8 hours and start the computer i get loads of bsod. But before that (like now) i can restart the computer a million times and everything works perfectly. I can play games, watch movies. there is not a single thing that hints about there being a problem.. BUT after i sleep the next day: BOM. bsod like crazy, cant start anything, cant even start browser in safe mode.

I also got the bsod when i only used the mb integrated gpu and not the add on graphics card, so i know its not something with the old card i am using.(2900 hd pro.) I run chkdsk /r on the hard drive (WD3200KS), checks out fine. Done the windows memory diagnostic, i have not tried the Memtest86. I have set up Norton anti-virus this time to try locate any viruses despite formating the entire hard-drive in the windows 7 install (didn't find anything), there cant be a virus in the modem or memory?.. I also removed the battery to clear everything before install like bios and ram (virus :S)

I just need some pointers to what can be the issue and how i could go about finding the solution to this problem.

daath144

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011
Started the computer and got "bbcode 7f" and "the extended attributes are inconsistent", checked the net and said it can be a memory issue. I remembered one of my two 2GB ram sticks cooler was a bit pushed down on the stick, so i removed it and now i can do anything and no blue screen of death!

Cheers!

Thanks for the above advice seems it was as you guys thought; a memory problem, hope this lasts..