Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 Toshiba Laptop won't recognize my battery.

Last response: in Components
April 23, 2011 3:42:11 PM

I have a Toshiba P305-8838, which I have upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate. I downloaded all the drivers from Toshiba that I could find and did the upgrade, including the BIOS upgrade to 4.5. Now the laptop will not recognize my battery. The battery is a new one and not worn out. I had it tested to verify it's functionality, etc and it is good.
No matter what I try, I can't get the laptop to recognize the battery and do a full charge on it. I backed the BIOS back down to 3.9 and tried to get the machine to recognize and charge the battery, but no luck. I then upgraded back to BIOS 4.5 (this is Phoenix BIOS) to see if it would rectify the problem. No avail. I did everything the support manual on Toshiba's site says without success.
Any tricks or ideas to make it respond would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
a c 96 ) Power supply
a b $ Windows 7
a b D Laptop
April 24, 2011 2:13:29 PM

Is there any 'Power Management' setting that got changed during the upgrade process?

It is possible that some mechanical damage could have occurred during the battery inserting process. Look for bent pins or broken connectors.

It is good that you checked the manual as well as the website. After doing the above, call Toshiba tech support. (I am assuming that this is a genuine factory approved battery).
m
l
April 25, 2011 3:07:16 AM

Ubrales said:
Is there any 'Power Management' setting that got changed during the upgrade process?

It is possible that some mechanical damage could have occurred during the battery inserting process. Look for bent pins or broken connectors.

It is good that you checked the manual as well as the website. After doing the above, call Toshiba tech support. (I am assuming that this is a genuine factory approved battery).

I had the battery checked and verified as factory approved and tested. I called Toshiba and they recommended I reinstall all toshiba downloads or go back to Vista - I don't want to go back to Vista. That was the whole point of the upgrade in the first place.

I don't know of any power management setting that was changeable in the process and it doesn't give me any options now. No broken pins (bars actually) or bent connectors that I can see.
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
April 25, 2011 7:27:09 AM

The operating system does not support your hardware.I couldnt think it as anything else.
m
l
April 25, 2011 5:11:13 PM

ghnader hsmithot said:
The operating system does not support your hardware.I couldnt think it as anything else.

You mean that you believe Windows 7 doesn't support the P305 Toshiba? Toshiba says it does.
m
l
!