Drivers for a x2 gpu (asus ares)

wesley-mcg-

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010
i have finally saved up enough cash to buy an asus ares 5870x2 and want to know what drivers to get. first off please dont whine about my decisions i have bought the card off newegg its going to get here on Wednesday and here its going to stay, anyway. im kinda confused about drivers and crossfire i read that the ares is crossfired internally does this mean i just download any catalyst display drivers and it should work? and if i were as some call "stupid" enough to buy a second ares card do i have to install a catalyst driver and THEN a crossfire driver? im confuse

Open up IE, Go to www.google.com, Then type in google "ATI Driver" hit Enter and click on the first search result.
This will take you to ATI/AMD's Graphics driver and software page.

Then fill out the details so for you it would be:
Step 1: Desktop Graphics
Step 2: Radeon HD Series
Step 3: Radeon HD5xxx Series PCIe
Step 4: Choose Your Operating System

Then click "Display Results"

This will take you to a page where you'll be able to download the latest Driver for your graphics card. Click the download button, once downloaded run the program, after the driver has finished installing, restart your PC.
ATI Crossfire will either automatically be enabled apon restart or will give you a promt to enable Crossfire.

Your Graphics card will likely come with a driver CD, however I would recommend downloading the latest driver for better support.

wesley-mcg-

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010

okay but what drivers should i get? should i use the ones that are the disc is comes with whatever the latest is on the ati website?